Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mobula7 EU-LBT TaranisQ X7 Binding Problem!

Yeah, can't see an antenna on mine - the pads look like they're there - but it's hard to get a proper look at it until i take the canopy off. Gonna film a vid for Banggood Customer Service, then get cracking on flashing the RX

Attachments

• mobula no spi 1.JPG
    mobula no spi 1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • mobula no spi 2.PNG
    mobula no spi 2.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I think it's this FC by the looks of it

Attachments

• Crazybee-f4-v2-4-510x510.jpg
    Crazybee-f4-v2-4-510x510.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 3
Last question (for now!) i promise!
when flashing the RX should i use the RSSI 16 firmware?
the downloaded FW file is called:

XM+_ACCST_2.1.0_RSSI16_FCC.frk

Ok, that FC does not have a built in SPI I don't think, if it did it would also have a big FR or FS or DX etc on the board to distinguish it.
You probably don't want the rev 2 XJT or RX firmware, big big issues with it not working for people, find the last rev for 1.X for both is my recommendation.
If you look at the bottom of the FW pages for them you should see a little note that points to the last 1.X load, like below, and yes it should be the RSSI16 version. At the very least search for and watch Bardwells videos on this Frsky rev 2 issues if you decide to try that rev, maybe he tells how to fix the issues, but since I run 1.X stuff I never watched it.

1596832108380.png

ah interesting! the XJT FW i used the other day is the 2.1.0 version, so maybe that's why it wouldn't bind, even though the radio seemed to accept it. I'll try reflashing the Taranis with the V1.x FW before i try flashing the RX.(i'll track down JB's vid too).
I can't thank you enough for your help on this!

- I flashed the V1 FW to the radio/XJT, (FCC of course!)
and flashed the XM+ (V1 FW) just like you said - without disconnecting it - just held the Dupont wires (male-to-female, no header pins required) in place on the XM+ with the heatshrink, and my eyes lit up when it said it was succesful! I actually can't believe it!
You Guys Rock!!
Mad props to Tevek and HighTechPauper!!

Thankyou so, so much! I thought i'd made a somewhat costly error when I realised my radio was FCC, and i'd bought an EU-LBT Mobula7, I genuinely thought that i would have to buy something else to get this all to work!

I owe you both a few cold ones!

(if it's helpful to anyone else out there i used the "Flash S.Port" option on the Taranis - all of the instructions i could find online said to use the "flash external module" option)

speaking of cold ones, it's boiling hot here in the UK i'm off to grab an ice cold beer!

Success!!!

Ok, I have the older Accst Taranis QX7S which is compatible with both D8 and D16 set ups. I suspect you have the later Taranis Access protocol transmitter which requires a work around to bind to the mobula 7 and the like. I have a mobula 7 HD which I bound in D8 from memory due to earlier AIO issues with their boards ( they would desync/failsafe).
In any case I’ll tag @HighTechPauper to see if he can chime in. The man is a guru and often helps with either tips or direct contact to get you sorted. He got me out of some shite a while back and hopefully do the same for yourself.
All good.
Dude!! It worked!! Thanks so much! - see reply to HighTechPauper below..

Dude!! It worked!! Thanks so much! - see reply to HighTechPauper below..
As soon as I saw @HighTechPauper on the case, I knew there would be a result! I’m lost with the various upgrades etc with both Tx and RX as my stuff has always worked (most times..) out of the box.
Having said that, I spent yesterday updating the FW on my DC2 HD and pinching someone’s CLI dump to get the quad to fly properly. The standard tune from Iflight for this quad was absolute rubbish.
We both had a win!
Enjoy and smash some packs!

As soon as I saw @HighTechPauper on the case, I knew there would be a result! I’m lost with the various upgrades etc with both Tx and RX as my stuff has always worked (most times..) out of the box.
Having said that, I spent yesterday updating the FW on my DC2 HD and pinching someone’s CLI dump to get the quad to fly properly. The standard tune from Iflight for this quad was absolute rubbish.
We both had a win!
Enjoy and smash some packs!
Yes HighTechPauper came through for sure! but you were the First Responder! As much as i wished everything had just worked straight off the bat at the time, in hindsight i've learned a bunch that will no doubt come in handy in the future. The Mobula is my first pre-built quad, but i think i'm happier when i know the ins and outs and have built something myself.
Even though i've only had the Mobula up in the air for 24hrs, I'm already eyeing up my next whoop!
The Titan looks sweet! are you running the DJI system on it? With a GoPro?
I'll no doubt be asking for people here's thoughts on which direction to go next in the hobby - i'm leaning heavily towards Cinewhoops, but 2.5/3inch class (Diatone GT, Larva X etc.) is also appealing, and even the more autonomous stuff like the Mavic/Mini would be fun to play around with.. I'll certainly be wringing the maximum amount out of the Mob7, but heck, this stuff is addictive!

Yes HighTechPauper came through for sure! but you were the First Responder! As much as i wished everything had just worked straight off the bat at the time, in hindsight i've learned a bunch that will no doubt come in handy in the future. The Mobula is my first pre-built quad, but i think i'm happier when i know the ins and outs and have built something myself.
Even though i've only had the Mobula up in the air for 24hrs, I'm already eyeing up my next whoop!
The Titan looks sweet! are you running the DJI system on it? With a GoPro?
I'll no doubt be asking for people here's thoughts on which direction to go next in the hobby - i'm leaning heavily towards Cinewhoops, but 2.5/3inch class (Diatone GT, Larva X etc.) is also appealing, and even the more autonomous stuff like the Mavic/Mini would be fun to play around with.. I'll certainly be wringing the maximum amount out of the Mob7, but heck, this stuff is addictive!
Good to see another addition to the all consuming hobby, it really gets a piece of you. Lost count of the number of planes, helos and quads I’ve crashed, burnt and rebuilt over the years. The problem these days is that the technology improvements have made quads much more reliable so that when they crap themselves, you need help to get them back in the air.
I‘ve got 15 racing quads, mostly analogue but more recently the DJI HD gear. The DC2 is the most recent and the footage from the air unit is more than good enough for me, I have a GoPro set up on my armattan chameleon to 6” for cruising around the paddocks but the size of the thing draws attention from passerbys and some of them just don’t like quads. So these days I focus on the smaller 2.5/3” quads as they are just as much fun, just as quick in some cases as the larger gear and they are not noticed as much.
My pick in the analogue range are the Diatone GTB 339 and the Diatone 349 NX. The latter quad is blisteringly fast on 4S. whilst the former is great for sneaking through the forest where I live.
DJI would have to be either the DC3 or DC2 as both are fairly quick and the quality and range for video is outstanding. I’m flying in places and gaps that for me were never possible on analogue.
These days we really are spoilt for choice, you’re in for a great experience!
Enjoy!

- I flashed the V1 FW to the radio/XJT, (FCC of course!)
and flashed the XM+ (V1 FW) just like you said - without disconnecting it - just held the Dupont wires (male-to-female, no header pins required) in place on the XM+ with the heatshrink, and my eyes lit up when it said it was succesful! I actually can't believe it!
You Guys Rock!!
Mad props to Tevek and HighTechPauper!!

Thankyou so, so much! I thought i'd made a somewhat costly error when I realised my radio was FCC, and i'd bought an EU-LBT Mobula7, I genuinely thought that i would have to buy something else to get this all to work!

I owe you both a few cold ones!

(if it's helpful to anyone else out there i used the "Flash S.Port" option on the Taranis - all of the instructions i could find online said to use the "flash external module" option)

speaking of cold ones, it's boiling hot here in the UK i'm off to grab an ice cold beer!

Success!!!

Hi,
I have the same problem like you! I bought the mobula 7 with the Frsky EU-LBT (External XM+ receiver) and the FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 international version, and when I try to bind them it happens the same like you.

I followed the comments unfortunately as I am 100% new in this drone hobbie I got lost.

What I did before reading your post was the same like you:
i have flashed the XJT and OpenTX with EU-LBT firmware and the QX7
and after I did all the steps D8 disappeared.

Please could you help me to go through the steps you followed?

Thank you very much!

Attachments

• taranis-q-x7-accst-bootloader-version.JPG
    taranis-q-x7-accst-bootloader-version.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • taranis-q-x7-accst-conf-binding.JPG
    taranis-q-x7-accst-conf-binding.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • betaflight-config.png
    betaflight-config.png
    428.2 KB · Views: 4
  • betaflight-ports.png
    betaflight-ports.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 4
  • mobula7-binding-info.JPG
    mobula7-binding-info.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • mobula7-receiver-xm.JPG
    mobula7-receiver-xm.JPG
    961.7 KB · Views: 3
  • openTx-2.3.png
    openTx-2.3.png
    281.7 KB · Views: 4
  • files-flashed-internal-r.png
    files-flashed-internal-r.png
    167 KB · Views: 3
Hi, I'll try my best to help!
The thing that solved it for me is that there are different versions of Firmware: V1, and V2

I had to Flash the Version 1 Firmware to the Taranis XJT Module. I believe the file was called: (XJT_NONEU_170317.frk)

and I Flashed the Version 1 Firmware to the XM+ receiver. I believe the file was called:
(XM+FCC170313-RSSI16.frk)

Also, I used the FCC Version Firmware on the Taranis and the xm+.
My Mobula7 and QX7 work great now - so i'm sure we can get yours to fly!
Let me know how you get on!

edit: I can walk you through how to bind once you have the firmware flashed.
I found this video useful when it came to flashing the XM+ :
(it's in Italian so use subtitles!)

Welcome to the forum at @thedroneracingpilot, we will do what we can to get you in the air. I think the first thing you need to know is if you have an FCC (not EU) radio, never change it, EU is much worse than FCC version. So yo must have flashed the radio with the EU version (that is why D8 is no longer available) and you will want to flash it back to FCC and check that D8 is available again. You will also want to flash the "Internal XJT Module" (the internal transmitter board) with a rev (I suggest the last rev 1 version) and get the last rev 1 version to flash into the XM+ in your Mob7. If you do a search for Oscar Liang and flashing internal XJT module, you should find his primer on it and that will give you an idea of what to do. If you are unsure, or just want to keep from making too many mistakes, you can send me a PM and we can try to have a chat and take a look.

Welcome to the forum at @thedroneracingpilot, we will do what we can to get you in the air. I think the first thing you need to know is if you have an FCC (not EU) radio, never change it, EU is much worse than FCC version. So yo must have flashed the radio with the EU version (that is why D8 is no longer available) and you will want to flash it back to FCC and check that D8 is available again. You will also want to flash the "Internal XJT Module" (the internal transmitter board) with a rev (I suggest the last rev 1 version) and get the last rev 1 version to flash into the XM+ in your Mob7. If you do a search for Oscar Liang and flashing internal XJT module, you should find his primer on it and that will give you an idea of what to do. If you are unsure, or just want to keep from making too many mistakes, you can send me a PM and we can try to have a chat and take a look.

Hi @HighTechPauper,
Thank you very much for helping me, so If I understand correctly I must do this steps:

1 - Install again the FCC version in the Taranis QX7 ACCST. I do this by going to OpenTx and remove the eu build option and compiling and installing everything again right?

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.28.50 PM.png

2 - Downgrade the Taranis XJT version from Version 2 to Version 1. Where do I find the Version 1?
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.31.53 PM.png

3 - Update the software in of XM+ receiver with the version XM+170313.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.39.05 PM.png

4 - I guess I will have to unweld the XM+ receiver and attache it to the proper cable so I can connect it to the Taranis ?

IMG_7051 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.09.33 PM.png

Attachments

• IMG_7051.JPG
    IMG_7051.JPG
    867.7 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: opts
Hi, I'll try my best to help!
The thing that solved it for me is that there are different versions of Firmware: V1, and V2

I had to Flash the Version 1 Firmware to the Taranis XJT Module. I believe the file was called: (XJT_NONEU_170317.frk)

and I Flashed the Version 1 Firmware to the XM+ receiver. I believe the file was called:
(XM+FCC170313-RSSI16.frk)

Also, I used the FCC Version Firmware on the Taranis and the xm+.
My Mobula7 and QX7 work great now - so i'm sure we can get yours to fly!
Let me know how you get on!

edit: I can walk you through how to bind once you have the firmware flashed.
I found this video useful when it came to flashing the XM+ :
(it's in Italian so use subtitles!)
Hi @opts,
Thank you for helping me, I honestly thought that I spend plenty of money for nothing.

1 - I have downloaded the Taranis XJT Module version XJT_NONEU_170317.frk. If I install this I do not need to go on the OpenTx right?
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.51.14 PM.png

2 - I have downloaded the XM+ receiver software Version 170313. This is the software that has to be in the receiver right?
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.54.15 PM.png

3 - I have watched many times the video of Mirko FPV and arrived to the conclusion that in order to install the software I have download previously for the XM+ I must unweld the receiver from the drone right? and with and adapter plug it to my taranis right?
IMG_7051 copy.JPG
Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 5.09.33 PM.png

@thedroneracingpilot, here is what I would do...

1. Yes, reload the TX by unchecking the EU box, and also you can check the NoHeli box since you will not be flying collective pitch helis, and if you ever do (doubtful) you can always change it later.

2. The history FW is in the same link on the XJT page just like it is for the RX page.
1603734144679.png

3. Yes you are correct here.
4. You don't HAVE TO unsolder the RX from the quad if you can find the header pins that should have come with the RX from the factory, I can only hope they dropped them in the box with your quad, if not they are not impossible to find or possibly use your imagination to come up with an alternative.
1603734399944.png

Per @opts comment you can see that he was able to flash the RX without de-soldering it, he was even so brilliant that he didn't need header pins to get it done (and they call me legend, but that is some legend stuff opts did right there)

"and flashed the XM+ (V1 FW) just like you said - without disconnecting it - just held the Dupont wires (male-to-female, no header pins required) in place on the XM+ with the heatshrink, and my eyes lit up when it said it was succesful! I actually can't believe it!"

I think that is it but let me now if I missed something.

Reactions: opts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone