Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mobula 7 V2 constantly reboots

Noobnoobnoob

Reaction score
I don't know what pappenes, it's almos as if the power leads are shorting out or there is a disconnection somewhere.
I lost the 1S jumper that comes with the bird , don't ask me how. Anyway i had a connector that looked the same as the
one on the batteries, but unfortunately it was just a little larer, obviously some other model, but It was a male and looked like I could get
the leads to make contact and dropped a litlte solder on the cable end to short them, and it worked for a flight or two, and then suddenly
the Mobula started to constantly reboot, specially if the power leads were touched , however I can't figure out why.
I read somewhere that the Mobulas had rebooting issues, random rebooting, I don't n=know if there was a fix for that or not, but anyway, any suggestions?
will I have to take this little bird apart?

Without seeing a photo of how you have rigged your connection, it’s hard to tell what’s going. I would suggest removing your battery lead altogether and fitting an XT30 lead and flying 2S if you can. I and many others did the mod to mine.
1599346720394.jpeg1599346720394.jpeg

Thanks for responding tevek. Well I want o fly 1S to practice at home, that's why I wanted the jumper. The rig no longer excists, since it started getting screwy I dumped it, I hope I didn't blow the power supply, I assume I'd have to totally change the fc if I did.

Thanks for responding tevek. Well I want o fly 1S to practice at home, that's why I wanted the jumper. The rig no longer excists, since it started getting screwy I dumped it, I hope I didn't blow the power supply, I assume I'd have to totally change the fc if I did.
Are you saying that the quad is broken now? The quad cutting in and out may be as simple as the poor battery connection, you can still use an XT30 and run 2S and limit your throttle settings in Betaflight to keep better control of your quad.

The only issue is with the quad cutting in and out. I just fail to understand how it happened. I like the idea of the XT30 and if I have to replace the battery leads anyway, might as well make the change. Will a 2S fit in the provided caddy, do I have to get special ones if so which do you use and/or recommend?

The only issue is with the quad cutting in and out. I just fail to understand how it happened. I like the idea of the XT30 and if I have to replace the battery leads anyway, might as well make the change. Will a 2S fit in the provided caddy, do I have to get special ones if so which do you use and/or recommend?
I use betafpv 2S 350 mAh batteries which fit snuggly in the frame. Make sure that when you fit the XT30 lead, that you zip tie the lead to the frame. When you crash it (and you will) you don’t want the battery ejecting and pulling the XT30 lead off the board. FD937424-545C-4BBC-877E-B8C318A4B3F0.jpeg

Reactions: Noobnoobnoob
Nice, that's very cool, specially considering the absolute mess these wires are from factory. Also the 2 batteries as supplied keep sliding off of the caddy and maybe just maybe they could have compromised either the connection to the board or one of the connectors(you made me think with your zip tie tip) If I had secured the power leads and/or the batteries possibly would't have this issue. Guess I have to find my solder gun. Yeah Yeah, I haven't used it yet, it has been a looooong time. BTW, thank you for taking the time to photograph.

Nice, that's very cool, specially considering the absolute mess these wires are from factory. Also the 2 batteries as supplied keep sliding off of the caddy and maybe just maybe they could have compromised either the connection to the board or one of the connectors(you made me think with your zip tie tip) If I had secured the power leads and/or the batteries possibly would't have this issue. Guess I have to find my solder gun. Yeah Yeah, I haven't used it yet, it has been a looooong time. BTW, thank you for taking the time to photograph.
All good, the first thing I did when I got my mobula was to throw the lead and batteries in the cupboard and do the conversion. Had the same issue with my first Trashcan and learnt the hard way. As for the soldering iron, I bought a TS 100 soldering iron with a fine tip and cranked it to 700 F. The whole idea is to tin your wires, get in and get out with the tip. Heat on those AIO boards is a killer, just ask me...

That's what I'm afraid of, eyes and hand coordination not the greatest at my age LOL, dunno what the result of a murderous soldering iron will be, but I guess we'll soon find out.

Reactions: tevek
That's what I'm afraid of, eyes and hand coordination not the greatest at my age LOL, dunno what the result of a murderous soldering iron will be, but I guess we'll soon find out.
Well I’m not much younger than you and I need all the help I can get with managing fine motor skills. I bought one of those jigs that has a magnifying glass, soldering station and an adjustable clamp that makes it a lot easier to solder. Cost about $10 and is a god send.
Due to the crap weather over here, I just spent two days converting a couple of my quads over to TBS Crossfire. Updating FW on my Taranis, updating the crossfire module, desoldering my old SBUS receivers and soldering and setting up the new crossfire receivers. Had to go and have a lie down after all that palaver....

OK add insult to injury, I got my analog to DJI digital adapter and wanted to try it Burt its been rainy, so I thought I'd take a chance that the Mobula would stay on long enough to test the analog module so I didn't have to take out my Wizard. Well bad news is I had to take out the Wizard anyway because the Mobula Vtx is spewing out terrible snowy static crap image. Yes you can make out some image to determine that the goggles Locke on to a channel, but it's aughful. Good news is with the Wizard the analog Digiadapter worked perfectly, I also pulled out the Eachine goggles I was using with the analog birds but no joy with the Mobula, same nasty image and no lock on the signal, but the Wizard worked fine. I almost fell like squashing the Mobula like a cockroach now. Guess all the crashes have taken a toll on the camera or VTX

OK add insult to injury, I got my analog to DJI digital adapter and wanted to try it Burt its been rainy, so I thought I'd take a chance that the Mobula would stay on long enough to test the analog module so I didn't have to take out my Wizard. Well bad news is I had to take out the Wizard anyway because the Mobula Vtx is spewing out terrible snowy static crap image. Yes you can make out some image to determine that the goggles Locke on to a channel, but it's aughful. Good news is with the Wizard the analog Digiadapter worked perfectly, I also pulled out the Eachine goggles I was using with the analog birds but no joy with the Mobula, same nasty image and no lock on the signal, but the Wizard worked fine. I almost fell like squashing the Mobula like a cockroach now. Guess all the crashes have taken a toll on the camera or VTX
Well that would be annoying, to be honest, had problems with my mobula 7 HD, replaced the AIO board after it simply died on me. Yesterday was the first time I’d picked it up off the shelf and that was for a photo op and I haven’t flown it in ages. I too have the digidapter as I have a mix of DJI and analogue quads, mostly run the DJI gear as the goggle experience is so good. After spending quite a bit of time rebuilding the smaller quads and my two wizards, I’m not sure if it was simply throwing good money after bad with some of them. Great learning experience but my later gear costs a bit extra but they simply just work and apart from the usual rebuilds after a crash, they keep on going.

Good news and bad news, I removed the original dual battery leads and managed to solder a single battery connector which somewhat fixed my issue, it is still rebooting but it's not as sensitive and not constant, weird thing is that I had to re bind to the r/c for some reason and after doing that now the Mobula lights are solid when controller is powered up confirming connection and the Mobula appears on the r/c display but the r/c is beeping like crazy and battery level display for the Mobula shows dead, it will not arm therefore grounded. OK good news is that the video is working just fine, but to add to my frustration the goggles are showing full battery for the bird, which is correct but really confusing me as to why r/c is seeing a dead battery.

Well that would be annoying, to be honest, had problems with my mobula 7 HD, replaced the AIO board after it simply died on me. Yesterday was the first time I’d picked it up off the shelf and that was for a photo op and I haven’t flown it in ages. I too have the digidapter as I have a mix of DJI and analogue quads, mostly run the DJI gear as the goggle experience is so good. After spending quite a bit of time rebuilding the smaller quads and my two wizards, I’m not sure if it was simply throwing good money after bad with some of them. Great learning experience but my later gear costs a bit extra but they simply just work and apart from the usual rebuilds after a crash, they keep on going.

Did you by chance DJI the Wizards or one of them? That's something I'd love to do.

Did you by chance DJI the Wizards or one of them? That's something I'd love to do.
No I haven’t, mostly because once I have changed out the less than reliable motors and esc’s, and FC I’m better off starting from scratch. I am looking at 4” and under build mainly because they are less likely to annoy people, keep the weight under the magic 250g legal limit and the electronics these days are much more reliable and price friendly.
I drag the wizard out when I’m in the mood to try something stupid and the care factor is less than zero.

No I haven’t, mostly because once I have changed out the less than reliable motors and esc’s, and FC I’m better off starting from scratch. I am looking at 4” and under build mainly because they are less likely to annoy people, keep the weight under the magic 250g legal limit and the electronics these days are much more reliable and price friendly.
I drag the wizard out when I’m in the mood to try something stupid and the care factor is less than zero.
JAJAJAJAJA, the Wizard is aso my no care right now, but I still am weary of flying it over pavement in an empty parking lot, I plan to DJI it IF and of course that's a BIG if, it survives my training. If it does it will be rewarded. I like the frame and actually think it is very capable even if I'm not. So it's reward will be DJI, and probably a new stack, maybe, if it survives.

Last edited:
JAJAJAJAJA, the Wizard is aso my no care right now, but I still am weary of flying it over pavement in an empty parking lot, I plan to DKI it IF and of course that's a BIG if, it survives my training. If it does it will be rewarded. I like the frame and actually think it is very capable even if I'm not. So it's reward will be DJI, and probably a new stack, maybe, if it survives.
Well if you get that sorted, i'd like to see a photo of it!

Well if you get that sorted, i'd like to see a photo of it!
It'll surely be a long while before that happens, but when I do it I'll be sure to share. There is a guy on YT that posted a video of his DJId X220 Wizard , but he stupidly posted just flight video, no footage of the animal itself and I asked if he had a build video of something of the sort, but I got no response. The video looks **** good though, no jello and very stable obviously DJI video

Last edited:
Found this one in YT

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to find if someone has managed to fit either an air unit or caddx vista to an Armattan Chameleon Ti having forgotten all about the wizard monster. I had visions of a flying rubbish bin with way too much capital invested to turn it into a reasonable rig.
Having said that, it doesn't look too bad. Thanks for that.

Reactions: Noobnoobnoob

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput