Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mixing ESCs and Motors - Balancing Flight?

tekgecko

Reaction score
Hi all, hope this is the right forum for this question.

I have a Falcon 250 pro quad: https://www.fasttech.com/product/6155201-eachine-falcon-250-pro-fpv-racer-r-c-quadcopter
which I recently crashed and had to replace an ESC and motor
ESC: US$8.99 VGOOD 20A 2-4S 32-Bit Brushless ESC With 4A SBEC for Fixed Wing RC Airplane RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com
Motor: US$31.37 4X Racerstar Racing Edition 2204 BR2204 2300KV 2-3S Brushless Motor CW/CCW For 250 260 280 RC Drone FPV Racing RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

I managed to get it installed with no problems and it flies again but there are some slight stability issues, its a little wobbly when flying.

I can assume this is the "mismatched" motors and ESC config, but is there any way to tune this on the software side of things to get it flying smooth again? Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

Yes, you need to do a simple ESC calibration whenever replacing one.

Yes, you need to do a simple ESC calibration whenever replacing one.
Would this be just following the standard setup in Libre Pilot where you set the minimum voltage for each motor? Because I have done this already, or is there something else I need to do? Thanks!

I use Betaflight which is a fork of CleanFlight but the process is the same.

-with PROPS OFF and battery unplugged, connect to CleanFlight and go to motor testing tab
-put master slider for all 4 motors to maximum
-plug a battery into your quad. Don't worry, the motors won't spin up but you will hear a series of tones. When it's done, your maximum throttle for all 4 ESCs are calibrated
-now drop the master slider back to minimum and you'll hear another series of tones.
That's it, youe ESCs are now calibrated and your motors should spin in unison

I use Betaflight which is a fork of CleanFlight but the process is the same.

-with PROPS OFF and battery unplugged, connect to CleanFlight and go to motor testing tab
-put master slider for all 4 motors to maximum
-plug a battery into your quad. Don't worry, the motors won't spin up but you will hear a series of tones. When it's done, your maximum throttle for all 4 ESCs are calibrated
-now drop the master slider back to minimum and you'll hear another series of tones.
That's it, youe ESCs are now calibrated and your motors should spin in unison

Great thanks for all your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas