Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mini/Micro for inside the house

Solly747400

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I want to either buy or build a small, probably micro drone purely for inside the house. I would probably prefer to build it if anyone has any suggestions on frame/parts, or a DIY kit, or if I had to, a RTF. I don't need it to break speed records, but I do want it to have acro. I mainly want to practice for the x220 I'm building and currently waiting for parts.

I want to be able to go inverted and I need FPV. I have the eachine VR007 goggles and a Taranis Q X7 on the way so hoping to be able to use these.

Thanks for any suggestions

John

Reactions: Wayno52
I've only flown brushed Rise 120mm RTF indoors comfortably.
i got a 119mm cerberus micro and it will fly indoors doing inverted moves but there is a significant weight difference.
90g withought battery - brushless 119mm
54g withought battery - brushed 120mm
that weight and the extra brushless power translated to fear in me for my household stuff.
oh yes, it will fly indoors great but my dream of power looping the pool table with the flynocerous cerberus micro will probably not be recognised because of the possible damage to the house where a competent 90mm wouldnt make me so nervous maybe ?.
i would definitely stay under 100mm. 2s is good for indoors but be sure it can run 3s for outdoors.
go brushless or you'll pay a fortune replacing brushed motors every 4 to 5 hours of flight.

Last edited:
as a bnf, that's a good one.
if you've not built a drone before, a micro is not the place to start so bnf opens a plethora of options.
you'll crash and have to fix it... get something that's easy -ish to work on.
I'm eyeing the eachine 90. my main issue with most bnf "tiny whoop" type offerings is they use spectrum. i don't have or want that module on my turanis but it's available.

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax