Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mid flight ESC failure/ reboot

Splinter189

Reaction score
I just got into the drone racing hobby. Sooo i'm a noob and i've got a problem. I built my first drone watching a video. Link I built the upgrade model and everything works.. so i thought.. the thing starts randomly twitching and then crashes to the ground. Here is an example I have absolutely no idea what the problem is. I'm pretty sure that its the ESC s but I don't know. Please help!!!

One thing I've noticed is that every time it falls it makes all the little reboot chimes and reboots.
Any info will be helpful!!

Heya, first off sorry I don't have an answer as such. I to followed the same build guides as you with a few upgrades, and have experienced exactly the same problem. I started off with the racerstar 4in1 as recommended, but when one of the ESCs inside it burnt out I swapped it for the racerstar 30a v2. It flew fine for about 10 battery's before the same thing happened. I would take of and fly forward but when I went above a certain throttle or tried to turn, the same ESC would stop mid air. After retrieving the quad I noticed the ESC was twitching and repeatedly beeping. So I replaced that ESC only for the same thing to happen.... For some reason, I have bought yet another ESC. This one failed very quickly. Obviously it's not the ESC as The same one always fails for me. It must be the FC or power supply board.?

It sounds like a brown out due to low voltage at the fc or possibly ESC(s). Might want to check battery, fc and ESC connections to the PDB. Also check voltage powering the fc (5V?) with a multimeter. Black box should help you determine what is going on, if it is available on your fc.

Edit: Ok sorry I got the two cases confused. Most recent case, change the motor. First post sounds like brown outs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
It sounds like a brown out due to low voltage at the fc or possibly ESC(s). Might want to check battery, fc and ESC connections to the PDB. Also check voltage powering the fc (5V?) with a multimeter. Black box should help you determine what is going on, if it is available on your fc.

Edit: Ok sorry I got the two cases confused. Most recent case, change the motor. First post sounds like brown outs.

I have indeed replaced the motor, and I'm replacing the PDB and FC today, time for an upgrade anyways. But I have never used the black box.... I have a log saved from the last crash so I'll take a look, but I do hope these replacements help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax