Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Micro Prop Removal

coyote_dc5

Reaction score
So I started in the tinywhoop domain with the 2" TH2. Those are really small props and you need a small tool to press down on the motor shaft to carefully remove the props. I now have a TH2 freestyle using the Avan Rush 2.5" props which once fitted seem impossible to remove.

Does anyone have any tricks or suggest a tool to remove these? Thanks

So I started in the tinywhoop domain with the 2" TH2. Those are really small props and you need a small tool to press down on the motor shaft to carefully remove the props. I now have a TH2 freestyle using the Avan Rush 2.5" props which once fitted seem impossible to remove.

Does anyone have any tricks or suggest a tool to remove these? Thanks
Most of the little whoops I purchased came with one of these tools...
I have also used a flat head screw driver, using it by twisting the driver between the top plate of the motor and the bottom of the prop to force it up.

PropTool.png

I've ended up applying a small amount of grease on the shaft so the prop slides on and can move easily now. The two screws in the top will be what holds the prop to the bell so there should be no issue with any traction issues. It's wether the grease will just dry up over time so when I have to remove again they'll just be jammed on again

I hope you have a supply of props for your TH2. Mine would lose a prop just about every time it landed in grass. I ended up using a very small dab of blue Loctite on the motor shaft to keep the props on. Maybe this video will help.

I'm ok removing the TH2 props and only had a few come off but only when I've caught a branch or something. The TH2 freestyle is a nightmare. The Avan Rush props are absolutely friction fit to the prop and once on its on.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput