Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Micro MinimOSD displays Zeros

raavhimself

Reaction score
Hello there,
I am kind of puzzled because it looks like nobody has ever faced this issue before. Anyway, the story goes like this...
So I got this Kingkong GT90 and it is great fun, but comes with no OSD so I banggooded a Micro MinimOSD, and it works perfectly fine until I unplug the battery. When I plug it in again then all the values for batt voltage, etc. are Zero. To get proper readings again I have to log into the MWOSD configurator,

I suspect it’s something related with the serial pass through I am using to get into the MWOSD configurator. When I power cycle, somehow it looks like the FC cannot send data to the OSD…

As for the wiring, nothing fancy there. OSD wired into UART3, All wired correctly I guess: (+ to +), (GND to GND), (RX to TX) and (TX to RX), plus another GND running from the PDB’s 5V BEC. I soldered but finally cut the wire to the 5V input as it did not seem necessary.

As for the setup, I am using a KingKong GT90 FPV racer, so the FC is the KINGKONG F3 Lite 6DOF, I guess it must be some version of the SPRacingF3. Firmware is Betaflight 3.3.0 and the FC runs with firmware released on 3/2/2018. I flashed the OSD`s firmware with a USB serial converter and it is running the one version you can download in the mwosd.com website (I think it is R1.7)

The problem goes like this: Betaflight COM port will not connect through the USB unless batt is unpluged. Once Betaflight is connected, batt can be plugged in to test radio, motors, etc. For some reason (don't know why), I have to power cycle the thing to get into the MWOSD configurator. To connect to the MWOSD configurator batt must be plugged in because CAM, VTX and OSD (and TX) are fed by the batt and not through the USB. OSD LEDs do not light unless batt is plugged in.

With the computer plugged, after logging into the MWOSD cofigurator, I get the readings right. If I unplug the USB, the readings are still there all right, but TX-RX will not work, don`t know why. (I am using a SBUS plugged into UART2 for the RX). If I unplug the battery, and plug it in back again, RX now works normal, but the OSD (although the display is still there) has lost all the data and reads Zeros for all values.

So, anybody knows what can I do to fix the OSD?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax