Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Merry Christmas

PhoenixFord

Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks to all the good people here at DRP. And to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas.

Same to you guys and everyone else in this forum.
I'm not on much but do look in several times daily and all you guys are great .
Am on several other of our forums and have yet to see a report .
So cheers to you all and do be safe :)
To all
cheers.gif

Reactions: Jtrjr
Same to you guys and everyone else in this forum.
I'm not on much but do look in several times daily and all you guys are great .
Am on several other of our forums and have yet to see a report .
So cheers to you all and do be safe :)
To all
View attachment 200

Well we're just gonna work on that report for you:D

Reactions: Jtrjr and dirkclod
It is Christmas Eve morning and the weather outside is dismal and dreary. The fog is thick and as aviators would say, Zero/Zero outside, so fliers would be grounded and forced to stay on the ground. Probably hold true for Phantom Pilots and Racers if they knew what was good for them. As a Vietnam Veteran, I distinctly remember the day and date I returned home. This holds true for any military man or women who has left our country and had to serve or fight in a foreign country, they will all remember coming home. I myself returned on Christmas Eve in 1971. It was a hard home coming due to the negative feelings alot of fellow Americans showed me in the following days and weeks. Baby Killer, Rapist were some of the nicer things I was called to my face. I served with the Artillery and was not an Infantryman or Grunt to most. So what each Christmas Eve has meant for me is a trip down memory lane that I wished I could forget. Eventually they will close the lid on my life, when the time comes this will all be forgotten. With no children or anyone who really cares, I will just be another forgotten Veteran who lives alone and away from everyone. There are more of us out there than you can imagine.
Merry Christmas to All,
K.Mark Harp
Jessieville, AR 71949

K,

All I'm going to say is, I understand, concur and feel your pain. My own sister screamed some of those very same names at me in the middle of a very busy neighborhood on my first visit to her home upon my return. I still dont speak to her today because I know in my heart and soul, and God knows, that I am none of those things.

Our Families never understand our depression during the holidays, as we have so much to be grateful about. But, we remember the holidays away from our Families and loved ones, we remember the loneliness, the despair and the resentment from others. I've tried for many years, as I'm sure you have, to let it all go but I can't and honestly, I don't want to, it's part of me.

Today, I am a very grateful and fortunate person. I have a wife that has stood by my side, good and bad, for 30 years. I have two beautiful daughters that are doing well and a very bright son who has decided to do things the hard way, just like his old man did. I have many material things and very few "good" friends. I have my faith and the knowledge that I know that I have always tried to do the "right" and "good" things, no matter the consequences. I have many faults but I'm just one man.

Remember the heartache that so many Families go through during the holidays because their father, son, brother and nowadays mother, daughter and sister didn't come home. Their pain overshadows mine for sure.

You won't be able to use your second to last sentence anymore. Now that I know your story, you won't be forgotten by me. You will be remembered as another of my many, Brothers. Thank you for taking the time to share your story.

I hope you can find some, peace, contentment, compassion and love over this holiday season! Merry Christmas, My Brother!

Semper Fidelis,

Jerry

Reactions: dirkclod
Gentleman, I want to thank you for your service to our great nation. I want you both to know that I care for you and am very grateful that you did what you did. I too am a Marine, and I am very proud of that. My time serving was much later than yours, I was almost a year old in December of 1971. I served from 1993 to 1997, in between two wars, it just worked out that way. I can never thank you and your generation enough for doing what needed to be done. I have read and studied our history and I quite frankly am ashamed of how our society treated our Veterans during that time. If I am being honest I am ashamed of most of our society today. Thank you both for your service as you have given me, a mere infant when you were serving, a beautiful life and I am forever grateful for that. Most of society does not understand that the American way, our freedom comes at a very high cost. As a nation we are spoiled, but there are people like me that are very grateful that men like you were there.

You see, its about 0100 hours on Christmas morning, unfortunately I have to be at work today at 0800 and I will get off 24 hours later on the 26th at 0800.........the life of a Firefighter. But wait, I had a choice, i became a Firefighter because I wanted to be a Firefighter. There are no holidays, I just work every third day....my choice. Anyway, I just finished putting all of the gifts under our Christmas tree from Santa. Our only child, my little girl, is now 13 years old and our Santa days are coming to an end. She finally fell asleep, and my beautiful wife of almost 20 years is asleep in our bedroom. My beloved yellow lab is laying at my feet as I type this in my warm, cozy little home that sits far back in the woods, my own little piece of paradise. I live in the woods in the country, far away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. For me as an American citizen I have that right, to chose where I want to live. I visited many people today, since I have to work on Christmas day we celebrated today. Once again I had the right to travel in a vehicle that I chose to buy....freedom...my choice. I had the right to leave my home when I wanted to, arrive when I wanted to and to stop in the local Sheets gas station to say Merry Christmas, and grab a cup of coffee. Tomorrow morning, really in a few hours, I will travel to work and I will respond to a host of emergencies. Some funny, some sad, some horrifying, some baffling, etc. Those people that I will respond to today pick up a phone and dial 911, very quickly many resources are coming to fix whatever problem they have. I could continue typing all of these things to illustrate my point but I'm hoping you understand. You provided this. You have given me and my family freedom. My child is getting educated. She is smart and healthy. My small home is pretty, I don't have much but what I have is mine and I am free. My family and I are safe in our home tonight because you...and many like you have provided that freedom. There are men and woman today that stand up, raise their right hand and swear to defend this nation at all cost. Protect her against foreign enemy and domestic. They lay it all on the line, they raise their hand and take an oath.

So please know that there are people that have not forgot about your service. I know you hurt, I know there are things in your brain that you can never get rid of, I wish I could make that go away. I sir am grateful for your service.

I took the oath as well, but I never made it to combat. I sure as **** was trained to fight and would have done so when the order came down, it just didn't for me. I am not saying I wanted to go to war, nobody wants to go to war, but if there had been one than I guess thats why our country makes Marines. I remember the day I came home, April 18, 1997.

Merry Christmas to you both, and to our brothers and sisters around the globe. Merry Christmas to the many that wear our nations uniform, today they provide the blanket of freedom that so many Americans take for granted. They as well are not forgotten, at least not by me and my family. So Merry Christmas gentleman. Know that there is a small family towards the western part of Virginia that love you and can never thank you enough for giving us our freedoms. God Bless America. Semper Fidelis.

Scott

Scott, First and foremost, I truly appreciate your kind works and such. But more importantly is that you have my Utmost Respect and Honor for what you do today as a Fireman in today's world. Your a combat veteran in your own right even though your not carrying an M-16 slung over your soldier. Each time you have to respond to the ringing bell that may alert your Engine Company to a possible deadly situation, you and your brethren do not question the orders to go out and respond, you just do it. Sometimes you may be thanked and sometimes you might be cursed, but regardless, your putting your life on the line so that others can continue to live. Your a life saver and there is no higher calling in my estimation. Yes, there will be times that you can not save a life or lives, but the same holds true in combat. Some will live and some will die.

Today, I live right beside the Ouachita National Forest and it is actually my back yard. It is just my two dogs and myself living here. They keep me grounded you might say. Having to care for and take care of pets tends to remind you of being responsible. Yeah, there are times I wish I did not have to get up and feed the two of them, but if I don't who would. They actually have a pretty good life and of course I spoil them both with doggy treats. The National Forest use to be a great place to hunt and ride our four wheelers, but nowadays the Federal Government has made it almost impossible to ride through the forest without fear of being harassed by Federal Authorities and to me it is a disgrace.

It is Christmas Morning so the only gift I got was when I opened and read your email. Thanks again and for taking the time to sit down and write it. I am sure I can write for Jerry on this as well.

K.M.Harp

Scott,

Wow! Woke up and read your message at 3:30am, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm not going to say anything further on that note.

I know you're working now and I hope it's a really slow 24. Thank you so very much for your service as a "Devil Dog" and your service as a protector and life saver today!

Merry Christmas to all!

Semper Fidelis, My Brother,

Jerry

Edit: I can't believe I mis-spelled "Devil Dog", ****!

Last edited:
Donnie,

It's probably time to move this thread to "Off Topic", we don't want to scare away any potential "New Recruits"!

Merry Christmas,

Jerry

Merry Christmas everyone, especially all you veterans and public servants! The vast majority of Americans like me appreciate your sacrifice and hard work to keep us all safe.

Well guys hopefully we all were safe and had as peaceful Christmas as we could .
Again I do appreciate all the members here being civil and keeping this forum as peaceful as it is .
Anyone need me just flag me or send me a message and I will do all I can to help you .
Jtrjr I don't think this thread will scare off anyone but will move it to OT .
Lets all be safe and get through the new year and wear 2017 out :)

Donnie,

I hope you had a very Merry Christmas as well and thank you and the others that keep this place rolling. I certainly feel as though I've made some good friends here in a very short period of time. I look forward to learning much more from those that frequent these pages into 2017 and beyond. I am very grateful to have found this forum and FPV racing.

As far as moving the thread, I'll leave that to your discretion. As far as I'm concerned "You da boss, Man"!

Merry Christmas and Hapoy New Year to all!

Jerry

Reactions: dirkclod
This one is for you guys. It's a bit dated but still very relevant. Thanks again for your service and good luck to you and your Families in the new year!

Jerry

Mark and Jerry, thank you so much for the kind words. I hope that the two of you and the rest of the site had a nice Christmas.

As crazy as it sounds i received some cash for Christmas, I was told this was for whatever "drone" stuff I wanted to purchase...Sweet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax