Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Meet the next sport of the modern age: Drone racing

clackey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Decked out in high-tech goggles, pilot Steve Zoumas dives low and sees the final gate zooming toward him: a 20-foot-tall metal-framed box ringed with neon. Boom! His sight goes black. The crowd lets out a collective "Whoa!" as pieces of his aircraft, which has just smashed into a concrete barrier, go flying.

Zoumas is just fine, though; it's his drone that's toast. The pilot takes off his goggles and crosses to the pilots' lounge for the replay. Once again his quadcopterdrone, a buzzing machine roughly the size of a loaf of bread, zooms daringly around obstacles and through hairpin turns; once again, it meets its demise.

"I was pushing it that lap," says Zoumas, a 31-year-old construction company owner. "I just wanted to put on a show for the crowd."

Full story - Meet the next sport of the modern age: Drone racing

Reactions: Brandon
Truer words have never been spoken. I have for seen this on the horizon of what will be coming forward as the next sport for everyone to enjoy and even take part in. Now, if we can just get the cost down on the quad's which would allow more into the sport itself. Now if I can just figure out a way to capitalize on all of this. Ha Ha.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax