Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Martian II 220 setup :)

vardal

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

First of all I tell you that I am not very well placed in all this and although I am learning new things every day, I still have a lot left, so I would appreciate any comments that help me to continue making progress on this :)

I'm setting up the following settings in a Martian II 220:

- Frame Martian II 220
- PDB Matek xt60
- Controller Omnibus F4 pro V2
- Engines Racerstar Br2205S 2300Kv
- FlySky FS-I6 Receiver with FS-iA6b Receiver

Now the earrings to buy:

- ESC Turnigy MultiStar 30A BLHeli-S
- Rear LED and Matek buzzer
- Complete FPV equipment
- Batteries and Chargers

Well this is a bit the situation where I am right now, the controller and I have managed to connect to betaflight and updated it to the last firm.

Regarding ESCs I have been hesitating a lot between going to the classic racerstar, but I do not feel like waiting a month to get to me. My other doubts were a lettlebee also with BLHeli_S (they convey me more security than the turnigy I do not know why), but I had to ask in hobbyking from china and if I added customs and customs I would go for price.

With the batteries I'm a mess, on the one hand I have calculated the approximate total weight of the drone including a sports camera recording and a battery of about 200 gr. With all this the drone is put in about 730 Gr.
Now one of my doubts is whether to start with the 3S until I take the touch to the drone or directly with 4S and get used to it although it costs me a little more work.
On the other hand, I honestly have no idea that battery to choose either amperage or discharge rate, if you could guide me a little I would appreciate it a lot :)

The FPV team is leaving it to the last.

Well basically this is the mess I'm in, I hope I did not get bored and many thanks for your time.

Upload photos as soon as I can, Greetings !!

Hi, welcome to drone racing! The Martians are perfect for a first build. Be sure to pre-tin your pads before you solder to them and it will go easy. I will try to help with some of your questions below.

Regarding ESCs I would say just get any 30A ones, preferably ones that support BL Heli_S and Multishot.

With the batteries, I would go with two 4S batteries in the 1300mah-1500mah range, 45C or above. 1300mah is probably the most popular on 5" quads.

For goggles, you might pick up a set of Eachine EV800 for $50 to get started. Then if you upgrade you can use them as a spectator screen. I modded a DVR in my EV800 after I upgraded to Eachine Goggles Two.

Also I would say get the FPV going as soon as you can, it is a totally different experience compared to LOS. Easier AND more fun!

Reactions: vardal
Start in 4s dont waist money in 3s

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

Reactions: vardal
Hello again, I am already mounting the drone :) I leave a photo for you to see the process ...

View media item 48View media item 49
I am thinking for the fpv team a camera eachine 1000 tvl ccd and a transmitter 5.8G eachine tx801 600mW. Regarding the glasses I had thought about a vr-007, but I have seen a promotion of launching eachine ev100 Eachine EV100 720 * 540 5.8G 72CH FPV Eyewear With Dual Antennas Fan 7.4V 1000mAh Battery Eachine EV100 720 * 540 5.8G 72CH FPV Gafas Con Antenas Duplas Ventilador 7.4V 1000mAh Batería and I see them very well priced for the type of glasses they are. What is your opinion?

Personally I would pass on those. One issue is the 28 degree field of view. My Eachine Goggles Two have something like 78 degrees FOV. The second issue for me is even if I liked them, I couldn't use them. The inter-pupilary distance maxes out at a ridiculous 64mm. My IPD is 76mm! Not. Even. Close. Definitely measure your IPD if you don't know it before buying goggles.

Hello again, I am already mounting the drone :) I leave a photo for you to see the process ...

View media item 48View media item 49
I am thinking for the fpv team a camera eachine 1000 tvl ccd and a transmitter 5.8G eachine tx801 600mW. Regarding the glasses I had thought about a vr-007, but I have seen a promotion of launching eachine ev100 Eachine EV100 720 * 540 5.8G 72CH FPV Eyewear With Dual Antennas Fan 7.4V 1000mAh Battery Eachine EV100 720 * 540 5.8G 72CH FPV Gafas Con Antenas Duplas Ventilador 7.4V 1000mAh Batería and I see them very well priced for the type of glasses they are. What is your opinion?
This is one of the best "budget frames" on the market in my opinion. I personally have had 2 of these frames. The first one I replaced only because I wanted a cleaner build. The frame holds up to some severe crashes and is still flying great! You wont be disappointed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas