Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lumenier QAV-XS Build

RENOV8R

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try an AIO FC/ESC/OSD for a while and with everyone doing super complicated builds and super lightweight builds, I thought I'd do a super simple build with a clean look and a minimum of parts.

I'm using my favorite frame the Lumenier QAV-XS, so even though there's a minimum of parts, it won't be a lightweight as the Lumi's got a fair bit of heft to it at 91 grams. Beautiful frame though with high-quality hardware and chamfered edges.The only downfall to this frame is that I really wanted to use the Runcam Split but it simply will not fit. Period. (No problem, just gives me an excuse for another build).

Any how, parts are as follow:

Lumenier QAV-Stretch X 220mm frame
Brother Hobby R4 Returner 2206 2450 motors
Lumenier Asgard V3 AIO FC
Radiolink R6DS RX
IRC Tramp HV VTX
TBS Triumph Stubby VTX antenna
Runcam Swift 2 FPV Camera
RMRC Strix 5 X 4.5X 3 props

Asgard 004.JPG Asgard 010.JPG

Careful with hat frame, I've crushed 4 separate motors with my QAV frame.
Thanks for the heads up, wonder if there's any 3D printed bumpers available...
Anywho, motors installed and wires connected. The FC is actually inverted and rotated 90 degrees so just a little configuration in BF with orientation and resource remapping to trade motors 2 & 3 and should be good to go. Asgaard 002.JPG Asgaard 003.JPG

VTX is installed on the top plate and wiring harness is done (not quite to my liking though, I'm fussy). This is a simple setup with vtx wired straight to vbat and powering the camera. I did use the micro plug to run the video signal through the Asgard for OSD instead of direct soldering, it'll make it easier to remove the top plate.Asgaard 005.JPG Asgaard 007.JPG

Slowly lol I'm struggling with the flu. Did do a quick setup today though and OSD is working properly and I don't think I've ever had motors that are so smooth and quite as these R4s. Need to get it done though, as I've got a bunch of stuff coming for another build that'll involve a Flynoceros Cerebrus V2 and some cool new electronics from BrainFPV. more to come...........

Being held up by a vtx meltdown. Hopefully the new one will arrive next week, but I'm too cheap to spring for expedited shipping. On the plus side, we're in the middle of a thaw with some above zero temps, may be able to try out my new DJI Spark that's been sittin' around gathering dust

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Just checked and I don't think I'll be doing anything for a few days.
I've got vtx and other items in Miami
Cerebrus frame in San Antonio
Radix FC & XRotor ESCs in New Jersey
BH motors in Orlando

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fducloux