Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lost Mach 25 drone

wbgorex

Reaction score
Website
www.lanphier.net
Blade Mach 25, probably still with red body, lost Feb 1, Cesar Chavez Park, north of the lower picnic tables, and vicinity of the message board. Thanks.

Blade Mach 25, probably still with red body, lost Feb 1, Cesar Chavez Park, north of the lower picnic tables, and vicinity of the message board. Thanks.

It happens to the best of us. Many a video on U-tube of expensive quads flying away. I watched my buddies drone fly away. I was even at the controls when it went out of Tx range. I was trying to help after he flew it to far down range. It was a cheep quad. And it was above the trees in 15mph winds. I couldn't see it well enough to regain orientation LOS.

Don't let it get you down. In the future, put your name and phone number on a piece of paper inside the quad.

That sucks man. Check out banggood.com for some cheap replacement options. A micro brushed quad is cheap and great practice of you aren't ready to get another big one.

For micro quads check out the Eachine qx and ex series which are about $50-$75. If you are ready for another mini quad, check out the Eachine Wizard 220 which is a very high performance 5" for about $150.

Thanks, Phoenix. I met a guy there today who had lost 6. Yikes.

I haven't had the opportunity to loose my 210R yet (still on the bench). But I've got 3X the value invested in my little Blade300X Heli. I might have been better off if I were to have lost it. Looking back, I shouldn't have spent a lot of money on the aftermarket modifications. But otherwise, I wouldn't change a thing.

Put this behind you and look forward to your next adventure.

That sucks man. Check out banggood.com for some cheap replacement options. A micro brushed quad is cheap and great practice of you aren't ready to get another big one.

For micro quads check out the Eachine qx and ex series which are about $50-$75. If you are ready for another mini quad, check out the Eachine Wizard 220 which is a very high performance 5" for about $150.

Thanks for those suggestions, Orange!
I was wondering how long the LEDs (12 on a Mach 25?) will keep flashing? The flight battery has less than 5 minutes of use on the last charge. If it's still flashing I might be able to find it more easily at night at Cesar Chavez.

Was there a video transmitter on there? That would make it drain faster, but even then I would still probably give it a shot if it was me. Unless that is a crackhead park, then it is long gone ;)

If there is a VTX onboard, one other thing you can do is download the android app Wi-Fi Analyzer. It has a mode that will lead you right to a 5.8GHz signal. It is bad ***. If it is still transmitting it should pick it up.

Hi Green. We walked around for an hour in the dark, plus 2 hours today in the water/mud, and found neither crackheads nor the drone. Thanks much for the Wi-Fi analyzer suggestion, but it appears to be for only Android, and I have only IOS. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get another Mach 25. The hook is set. :)

Hi Green. We walked around for an hour in the dark, plus 2 hours today in the water/mud, and found neither crackheads nor the drone. Thanks much for the Wi-Fi analyzer suggestion, but it appears to be for only Android, and I have only IOS. I'm probably going to bite the bullet and get another Mach 25. The hook is set. :)
Don't buy another one they are a waste of money

Yike! First time to heard "flyaway" and I've research about it.. now I am worry! Heh

Your drone, it may fly in one direction for 10 min.. at 20 mph mean about 20 minute walk away from location of lost contact.. too large area to search!

Or it may hang on in the tree... making a nest for bird.

In my experience ( ground remote controller ) I always test my transmitter to find out how far it can reach it limit before go fast. Once it lost of control I know how far it was and keep it within half way of whole range. Farther it go, more battery drain. Fact!

Yeah man it happens....I took a 530$ hit on my third time out with my vortex when I first started. Using a spektrum transmitter and just kept going. I looked for 2 days. I still have the pictures of me bushwhacking looking for it. Glad I got another one and switched to frsky and haven't had a problem since. My wallet on the other hand wishes I would of gave up I'm sure.

Green,

You're dead on regarding setting up the failsafe. I always set it up and test it before even putting a new bird in the air.

Jerry

Anyone have their FCC # or Cell # onboard?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax