Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lost Firmware

Oh, and flash it first, then unplug, then unbridge, then replug to pc and it should be good if the board is good.

Gone are the days of solder suckers and copper braids. I went through for computer tech many moons ago and that was the big thing back then.

Gone are the days of solder suckers and copper braids. I went through for computer tech many moons ago and that was the big thing back then.

I was trained and certified in the Marine Corp to solder to Mil Spec/NASA Spec. Solder extractors, braid wick, solder pots, heat sink soldering tweezers and the like where common tools to meet these high requirements for electronics in aircraft and satellites etc. But few people can afford, nor do they need these tools and methods for our hobby. The solder extractor (sucker) is a great tool and has a good place for clearing through hole and large quantities of solder without undo and prolonged/repeated heating, but for this particular job it is more trouble than it is worth, IMHO. Please keep me informed as you go, I did see some other damage to the FC you have, but you are going to fly and crash it anyway, so I see no need to upgrade the FC unless absolutely needed. Many people spend good money replacing things that work just fine because they run out of knowledge and patience just to find out it wasn't the issue. Stay the course and success is all but guaranteed, again, IMHO.

Randy (aka HTP)

yeah that's the reason I want to fix this one, I know I will crash it for sure. I want this one as my crash dummie

I was trained and certified in the Marine Corp to solder to Mil Spec/NASA Spec. Solder extractors, braid wick, solder pots, heat sink soldering tweezers and the like where common tools to meet these high requirements for electronics in aircraft and satellites etc. But few people can afford, nor do they need these tools and methods for our hobby. The solder extractor (sucker) is a great tool and has a good place for clearing through hole and large quantities of solder without undo and prolonged/repeated heating, but for this particular job it is more trouble than it is worth, IMHO. Please keep me informed as you go, I did see some other damage to the FC you have, but you are going to fly and crash it anyway, so I see no need to upgrade the FC unless absolutely needed. Many people spend good money replacing things that work just fine because they run out of knowledge and patience just to find out it wasn't the issue. Stay the course and success is all but guaranteed, again, IMHO.

Randy (aka HTP)
your right, I try my best to fix the issue. I was told when I got my little whoop. everything is good on this 140, but need a new stack because there is no firmware for the FC anymore. I learn more on stuff like this that needs fixing (within reason). I have a question I was told my FX was a XM because single antenna. what is the other one and what kinda of antenna.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
your right, I try my best to fix the issue. I was told when I got my little whoop. everything is good on this 140, but need a new stack because there is no firmware for the FC anymore. I learn more on stuff like this that needs fixing (within reason). I have a question I was told my FX was a XM because single antenna. what is the other one and what kinda of antenna.

There are many, and quite a few from Frsky to chose from that are appropriately sized for our small quads. The one up from yours is the XM+ and it looks the same pretty much except it has Diversity (2 of the same antennas that are on yours), there is also the R-XSR, the XSR, and a number of D8 micro RX's.

You wont even need to use the solder sucker, throw some flux on it and hit it quickly with a dry iron, the majority of solder will follow the heat of the iron and stay on the tip and be removed from the board. 1 or maybe 2 attempts with a quick dry iron should unbridge those pads.

Last edited:
so I got it done and It boots up with firmware. but I think the FC is messed. i plugged it back in to the pc and say need firmware, unplug it, plug back in, back and forth x3 and boot up with no problem and everything looks good unit I save and reconnect and then asks for firmware again.

Last edited:
Then I think it could be damaged, it sounds like it is not always booting up, when it does, all looks good, when it doesn't boot up it thinks it needs BF firmware. I did notice damage to one of the components on the board in your pic

Then I think it could be damaged, it sounds like it is not always booting up, when it does, all looks good, when it doesn't boot up it thinks it needs BF firmware. I did notice damage to one of the components on the board in your pic

View attachment 3343
yeah I think so also. I would like to thank you for all your help. I found a new stack it's called iFlight SucceX Mini F4 V2 35A with VTX Flight Tower Stack. are they good? or what would you recommend

Reactions: HighTechPauper
yeah I think so also. I would like to thank you for all your help. I found a new stack it's called iFlight SucceX Mini F4 V2 35A with VTX Flight Tower Stack. are they good? or what would you recommend

That is a relatively new stack in the market but gets good reviews, seems like a good choice, but you may want to also consider the Mamba stack, it is more cost effective, has a good track record, and 25 amps is more than enough. The SucceX is so much more because it is rated to 6s and 35 amps, not sure I would recommend 6s on a 140mm quad, but you could if you can afford the batteries for it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax