Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lost Firmware

Mattys74

Reaction score
I got this 150 fpv drone where the person tried to flash the FC. it didn't take and wouldn't bind with BF. I got it now and the guy telling me it needs a new stack.
I got it to bind to BF but now its asking for firmware to load on. The person cant remember what board is on it and all that. My question is. Is there a way to find out who makes the board, so I can reload the firmware on it? or do I need to buy a new stack for it?

I got this 150 fpv drone where the person tried to flash the FC. it didn't take and wouldn't bind with BF. I got it now and the guy telling me it needs a new stack.
I got it to bind to BF but now its asking for firmware to load on. The person cant remember what board is on it and all that. My question is. Is there a way to find out who makes the board, so I can reload the firmware on it? or do I need to buy a new stack for it?
Other than stripping the quad down to see if there are any details on the FC itself, you could try going into BF and scroll down to the CLI tab and type in ‘diff all’ and you should get a screen dump of whatever is currently loaded on your quad. At the very top of the dump you should see whatever FC you currently have running.
That info can then guide you to what FW upgrade you need to select relevant to the board you have fitted. Most people run with the latest.

it won't even go to CLI, I push connect and right where it says connection to port ** it says load firmware. and i did strip it but has nothing just stuff on the main chip and i searched that and that's the info for the chip

Hmmm, haven’t had that happen before unless I’ve purposely upgraded the FW after I have dialled in the FC and FW version from the home screen. Maybe take a photo of the quad and the board in question and maybe tag the clever people on this forum like @Futuramille or @RENOV8R.

There is the photos and yeah i dont know how that happens also. I am a person that tries to back everything up and know which boards i have on the unit. I am not sure how to tag :(

There is the photos and yeah i dont know how that happens also. I am a person that tries to back everything up and know which boards i have on the unit. I am not sure how to tag :(
Your board is an older F3 board (STM32F303) found on some of the older gear like my Eachine quads, although the quad also resembles my Furibee X140. I have also read that BF4.0 has stopped supporting the older F3 boards as they start moving toward writing scripts for the later boards (F4 and so on).
Hopefully the two guys I’ve tagged will come along and give a much better technical response. There are probably some further testing to do before you go and buy a new stack. Not a big expense anyway.

Reactions: rtkDarling
thank you so much for getting me this far. i wonder if there is a firmware kicking around that i can load on it.

@HighTechPauper is the chip with the writing on it (STM32F303) the processor ? I tried googling a few terms centered around that but I didn't get a definitive match

Yeah Ryan, that is the CPU on it, and it is generic, so of no help really. It would be really strange for the FC to not have some kind of identifying printing or symbol on it, but we will see when Matty gets the pics posted.

It is definitely this model, it has connectors on it that you may not see in the pictures online, but it is definitely this board and the target for it is Omnibus.

Spcmaker SPC 3.5g 20x20mm Omnibus F3 Flight Controller AIO Betaflight OSD BEC and Video Filter

Reactions: tevek
I also would not put anything greater than Betaflight 3.5.7 on it, if it works, great, if it gives you too many problems I would upgrade it.

I would like to thank you all for all the help this is the screen I got now. one last question which camera should I get for this since there wasn't any. 3338

Reactions: HighTechPauper
That is a tough question, many swear by the Caddx Ratel, but there are a ton of good choices. Does it already have a vTX on it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput