Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lost Drone? Use Buzzer, and even can use Tileapp!

Hebrews12v2

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Had this happen to me a couple weeks ago.

I was flying in a nearby field that has small hillocks and low brush. I set all my models to "Failsafe" mode that if I lose RSSI the model will just stop the motors and drop. As I was flying my Eachine 250 around this field all the sudden it lost RSSI and of course unexpectedly dropped. I was in FPV so I did not know exactly where the Eachine was and was unsure where to start as I was enjoying the flight and not keeping my bearings focused on where I should start looking.

I shared the rest of the Story with "Tile" because I put one of these 8 gram beauties on my Racers as a backup.
Read the Story here:
Tile App Lost Drone story.

OVR-_lcEsZX6nrxvLut44rZyE237nU4UjGR4cfxo69rXak0RfulzZExqCNBGjLRyikkCLRbp_JCa2tC9URQYE14Ubx_WppozPJl5ZKsAJ-V30-u54BTSgpz-0jY0NMTDbm6tOcV-

Last edited:
Wowzers. Great stories. I now have a buzzer and will definitely get a Tile. Glad you didn't have to do what I did. BTW, if you know, when you bind a new receiver (eachine i6 receiver), how many volts can you apply to the a receiver channel while binding. I have some 1s 650 mah batteries at 3.7 volts, and a 1000 mah 3s at 11.2 volts. Are those ok? Also the 3s has a JST connector is that ok or do I need an adapter. Thanks for the comments.

You need 5Volts to the receiver. I don't think 3.7 volts will do it. DEFINITELY don't go higher than 5 or magic smoke will occur,,,

On the Eachine just hook everything up like normal including the reciever, LEAVE PROPS OFF, then plug in your power. Bind like normal. Once binding is complete, unplug Battery and you are good to go to configure everything like normal.

I recommend using LibrePilot or move to Cleanflight. OpenPilot is no longer supported and will eventually disappear. LibrePilot is fully supported and gets regular updates. It looks exactly like OpenPilot.

You need 5Volts to the receiver. I don't think 3.7 volts will do it. DEFINITELY don't go higher than 5 or magic smoke will occur,,,

On the Eachine just hook everything up like normal including the reciever, LEAVE PROPS OFF, then plug in your power. Bind like normal. Once binding is complete, unplug Battery and you are good to go to configure everything like normal.

I recommend using LibrePilot or move to Cleanflight. OpenPilot is no longer supported and will eventually disappear. LibrePilot is fully supported and gets regular updates. It looks exactly like OpenPilot.
Thanks for the tips, I was afraid that anything more than 5 would cook the new receiver..... I just ordered a tile.... I'll download LibrePilot now
One more question though, if I understand the binding process between the Eachine i6 transmitter and the receiver right, I can't hook up the power from the Eachine to its original spot on the i6 receiver because the binding plug goes on the Power channel and you are supposed to apply power to another channel. So if I have everything hooked up like normal, there is no place for the binding plug.
I really appreciate your information.... Thanks again

Reactions: Hebrews12v2
Stole the following off another group since I don't have this transmitter. I use a FrSky Tarantis Plus. Here is your info:
The bind button on I6 should be on the left side of the LCD screen. And as for bind plug, you can use a spare servo plug and insert paper clip only at the two outside pin. To bind them, you turn on the transmitter while pressing the bind button then power the receiver with the bind plug in.

Found this on youtube also:

Reactions: Jeff48920
image.jpeg
Had this happen to me a couple weeks ago.

I shared the rest of the Story with "Tile" because I put one of these 8 gram beauties on my Racers as a backup.
Read the Story here:
Tile App Lost Drone story.

OVR-_lcEsZX6nrxvLut44rZyE237nU4UjGR4cfxo69rXak0RfulzZExqCNBGjLRyikkCLRbp_JCa2tC9URQYE14Ubx_WppozPJl5ZKsAJ-V30-u54BTSgpz-0jY0NMTDbm6tOcV-

Hey brother. Thanks for the advice and the Tile story. I took it to heart and since I won't be in any rush to attach my GoPro soon I attached the Tile to the camera pad with a double stick cushion pad and used a small zip tie loosely as back up. Here's the pic

Reactions: Hebrews12v2
Perfect! Hopefully you will never need to use it, but it nice comfort. Make sure you "test" out the app so you know how it works...it is limited to BT range of up to 100 feet. Have one of your kids/friends place it somewhere in your yard then go find it.

As a side note, when if you move it use Hot Glue.. works well for me, and is peel-able.

Reactions: Jeff48920
That tile thing doesn't sound to hot, I've bee researching it, if it's more than 100ft away from you, like on a downed quad, it's not going to work. All it does is tell you the general area where it lost signal with you, which is going to be the field or whatever you're flying in. Why can't it use real time gps like tons of other products out there Then you have to get close to it for the alarm to sound. None of this will work if you don't keep the app running in the background of your phone, AND, you have to purchase a new one every year due to battery life! I think I'll pass.

Last edited:
That tile thing doesn't sound to hot, I've bee researching it, if it's more than 100ft away from you, like on a downed quad, it's not going to work. All it does is tell you the general area where it lost signal with you, which is going to be the field or whatever you're flying in. Why can't it use real time gps like tons of other products out there Then you have to get close to it for the alarm to sound. None of this will work if you don't keep the app running in the background of your phone, AND, you have to purchase a new one every year due to battery life! I think I'll pass.

Good luck finding something light and performs better. I have "lost" my quads several times now and Tile always helps me find them..... any other device is most likely heavier and will slow your racer down.

I lost my first drone from loss of video signal flying Fpv now I use the Marco Polo system. Sucks because it was a brand new vortex 250 with with barley any flights on it. Marco Polo has a 2 mile range and works great. 2 miles is way farther than I'll ever fly with a race drone. Still hope I never have to use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax