Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for help to get started with fpv

kivo123

Reaction score
Hi all!

I am new to fpv racing, I have only flown my dji drones and my old nitro raptor helicopter.

I have ordered a 3s/4s budget drone that I was thinking to use as a trainer but now I also wanted to build something fast myself, so I checked out this video on youtube:

Parts:
Frame - Realacc Furious 220mm Carbon Fiber 6mm Arm FPV Racing Frame Kit 97g for RC Drone FPV Racing

ESCs - Eachine Stack-X F4 Flytower Spare Part 35A 4 In 1 ESC 2-6S BLHeli_S Dshot600 Ready For RC Drone FPV Racing

Motors - BrotherHobby Returner R4 2205 2450KV 2700KV 4-5S Brushless Motor For RC Drone FPV Racing Multi Rotor

FC/VTX combo - Eachine Stack-X F4 Flytower Spare Part F4 Flight Controller Integrated OSD 40CH VTX For FPV Racing RC Drone

FPV camera (if you know a better please let me know, I want one with as high and stable resolution as possible) - 600TVL 2.8mm Lens 1/3

Props - 2 Pairs Dalprop Cyclone T5046C 5046 5x4.6 CW CCW Propeller for RC Drone

Antenna - Emax F4 Magnum Tower Parts 5.8G Dipole Whip Antenna

controller - FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Mode 2 Transmitter Blue Orange for RC FPV Racing Drone

So now I only need 5s battery and a receiver and the drone is ready? - (and fpv goggle receiver?)

If you have any tips on good 5s batteries as well as 4s batteries to put in for training and a good charger please share.

And the last thing a need is a pair of goggles. To me I think they all look the same, looks like a 90s vhs resolution (but I have only tried out budget fat shark ones)

If you have any tip on good goggles/module/receiver please let me know. ($300 - $500) The thing I value the most is good screen , low ms and as high resolution as possible.

thanks!

Hi all!

I am new to fpv racing, I have only flown my dji drones and my old nitro raptor helicopter.

I have ordered a 3s/4s budget drone that I was thinking to use as a trainer but now I also wanted to build something fast myself, so I checked out this video on youtube:

Parts:
Frame - Realacc Furious 220mm Carbon Fiber 6mm Arm FPV Racing Frame Kit 97g for RC Drone FPV Racing

ESCs - Eachine Stack-X F4 Flytower Spare Part 35A 4 In 1 ESC 2-6S BLHeli_S Dshot600 Ready For RC Drone FPV Racing

Motors - BrotherHobby Returner R4 2205 2450KV 2700KV 4-5S Brushless Motor For RC Drone FPV Racing Multi Rotor

FC/VTX combo - Eachine Stack-X F4 Flytower Spare Part F4 Flight Controller Integrated OSD 40CH VTX For FPV Racing RC Drone

FPV camera (if you know a better please let me know, I want one with as high and stable resolution as possible) - 600TVL 2.8mm Lens 1/3

Props - 2 Pairs Dalprop Cyclone T5046C 5046 5x4.6 CW CCW Propeller for RC Drone

Antenna - Emax F4 Magnum Tower Parts 5.8G Dipole Whip Antenna

controller - FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 2.4GHz 16CH Mode 2 Transmitter Blue Orange for RC FPV Racing Drone

So now I only need 5s battery and a receiver and the drone is ready? - (and fpv goggle receiver?)

If you have any tips on good 5s batteries as well as 4s batteries to put in for training and a good charger please share.

And the last thing a need is a pair of goggles. To me I think they all look the same, looks like a 90s vhs resolution (but I have only tried out budget fat shark ones)

If you have any tip on good goggles/module/receiver please let me know. ($300 - $500) The thing I value the most is good screen , low ms and as high resolution as possible.

thanks!
Well first off welcome to the addiction of race kwads
And for goggles, if you like a big screen: eachine ev800d and fxt viper are a good choice. If you're looking for a smaller one that's duel screen: aomway and fat sharks are the obvious choice. honestly, most of the quality comes from the camera itself. Foxeer and runcam are my personal choices.
Batteries: I would suggest tattu brand, its durable and performs well and doesn't cost to much. I personally use a iMax b6 mini charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: kivo123 and Wayno52
There are so many misconceptions and personal preference things here it is hard to even start to help. There is no single best that anyone can suggest, there are soooo many choices, and many of them are good, but no clear best. I will start with 2 things...

1. You want fast, 3/4s is plenty fast, it isn't just about the batteries, so when you crash this, and you will sooner rather than later, you will have broken more expensive stuff than you needed to while you were getting your air legs in this new facet of the hobby.

2. Standard definition is standard definition, the objective should be to get the best picture you can in 800 tvl or less, period. There are about 40 cameras that will do that, but again there is no clear "winner".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax