Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

LOOKING FOR GOOD DIY KIT

Rogueone72

Reaction score
Maybe some of you can point me to a good diy drone kit or someone has already came up with a great list to put one together. I've been into RC for many years and I'm a P4P pilot.

1. Will buy my own radio
2. Want a list of great parts or DIY kit. 210-230
3. I would like it to be quick.
4. Will be flying with FATSHARK HD3'S
5. Would like something that eventually I can customize.
6. Good camera
7. Good fpv video feed.

Been looking at the Taranis X9D Plus unless that's not a good option.

New to the racing drones but also wont purchase a beginner. Maybe this group can help me out here. Surfing the normal net is a royal pain in the A_ _!

Last edited:
im flying an iflight kit. if i had to do it over, id order individual parts. the iflight ix5 frame is really good tho

Have a look at the Realacc kits on banggood.com.
Thanks for the reply. As I'm new to this side of drones I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the right parts. I'd like to buy the better parts and wouldn't have a crew as to where I should start.

personally, i like emax rs2205 23-2600kv motors, raceflight one fc, littlebee 30a esc's, akk 600-200-25mw xmitter, 1177 camera and turnigy evolution radio

Maybe some of you can point me to a good diy drone kit or someone has already came up with a great list to put one together. I've been into RC for many years and I'm a P4P pilot.

1. Will buy my own radio
2. Want a list of great parts or DIY kit. 210-230
3. I would like it to be quick.
4. Will be flying with FATSHARK HD3'S
5. Would like something that eventually I can customize.
6. Good camera
7. Good fpv video feed.

Been looking at the Taranis X9D Plus unless that's not a good option.

New to the racing drones but also wont purchase a beginner. Maybe this group can help me out here. Surfing the normal net is a royal pain in the A_ _!
I like the taranis radio, though a spektrum dx9 is maybe easier to use. As for frames, i cant recommend catalystmachineworks.com enough. Excellent high quality machines, and superb service and support. They provide full build videos and instructions, plus they have a full shop of good quality parts to choose from. Everything you need from motors to cameras. Visit their site, it will save you sooo much time.

i've mostly been building large quads meant for AP-type stuff (daya 550, TBS discos, aerial freaks X4, diatone TBS knock offs, customized turbo ace matrix, etc.), but as of a month or so ago my interest in racers took off and since then I've built a QAV210, an alien clone, H210 rebuild, and a couple brand-less DIY cheap kits purchased for under $20 from eBay. So far the most important things I've learned are: 1) before starting the actual build, figure out exactly how everything should fit together, 2) force yourself to stay organized (I'm really good at putting things down and losing them forever or realizing that I skipped a crucial step, like, four steps ago), 3) if possible, find a spot for your laptop (or whatever) close enough to your work area so that you have that resource right there when you need it, 4) if you start to get frustrated, stop what you're doing and take a break (sounds obvious, but it's amazing how well that works when you are stuck), and 5) MULTIPLE FIRE EXTINGUISHERS. no joke.

ALso look up ZMR250. You can build a nice race drone for about 200 bucks (less radio and FPV). I just built one and love it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax