Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Looking for FC recommendation

spiderpig

Reaction score
So with each new Quad I build I like to try something new to learn more. On my last build I used a Omnibus F3 FC which has OSD built-in using Betalfight. So it got me thinking about going one step further...so I'm looking for a recommendation for a FC that has:
-Betaflight capable
-Build in OSD either with Betaflight OSD feature or another method
-Barometer for height
-Ability to detect speed. Not sure if accelerameter can do it by itself of does it need a GPS?
-Ability to add GPS in the future
-Have telemetry feed back to my Taranis 9XD

The omnibus F3 I used is great...but lacking barometer. Not sure if I can just add one or not. But would like to see if there is a FC out there that matches all this.

Reactions: VirtueViolater
You might use a 10d0f like one of these below. You would need to add a GPS module, and use something like a Matek HUBOSD PDB for the OSD.

SP Racing F3 Flight Controller (Deluxe) - Cleanflight

I've had bad luck with the HUBOSD PDB with OSD. I've tried two of them and they were working well on a 3 cell battery. But on a 4 cell it was losing all the video during high throttle. I tried adding a LC filter and a capacitor, but didn't seem to help. So I've been using the OSD on the Omnibus F3 for now. But I like the versitaltity of the Betaflight OSD that I can add stuff to it. Would like to add things like name, height, and speed.

Weird, I haven't had any trouble with my HUBOSD on 4S. Buy you could run a stand alone OSD. I think MinimOSD is one.

Did you put the capacitor on the power leads or somewhere else? Might have to do a test build and try it again. But I do like the capability of the Betaflight OSD or even MinimOSD is nice.

So with each new Quad I build I like to try something new to learn more. On my last build I used a Omnibus F3 FC which has OSD built-in using Betalfight. So it got me thinking about going one step further...so I'm looking for a recommendation for a FC that has:
-Betaflight capable
-Build in OSD either with Betaflight OSD feature or another method
-Barometer for height
-Ability to detect speed. Not sure if accelerameter can do it by itself of does it need a GPS?
-Ability to add GPS in the future
-Have telemetry feed back to my Taranis 9XD

The omnibus F3 I used is great...but lacking barometer. Not sure if I can just add one or not. But would like to see if there is a FC out there that matches all this.
i think the omnibus pro's have barometer.
also the new beteflight aio has osd etc.
usually pro means the addition of barometer and a couple more instruments

Reactions: spiderpig
Spider,

I'm using the BetaFlight F3 AIO FC (BFF3) on several of my birds and I love the board. It was developed by Boris B and FPVModel.com. Boris B is the same guy that developed BetaFlight. The board has some really good features and incorporates the BetaFlight OSD but no baro or GPS. I don't really understand your need for those items in a racing drone anyway but "to each his own"!

Jerry

Spider,

I'm using the BetaFlight F3 AIO FC (BFF3) on several of my birds and I love the board. It was developed by Boris B and FPVModel.com. Boris B is the same guy that developed BetaFlight. The board has some really good features and incorporates the BetaFlight OSD but no baro or GPS. I don't really understand your need for those items in a racing drone anyway but "to each his own"!

Jerry

Well the barometer and gps are for a bit later project that I want to use iNav to test out with. In two of my current quads I have the Omnibus F3 which uses beta flight and is really nice. Been looking at the F4 Pro as a possibility as well. I like the Omnibus F3, and for racing quads Ill probably stay with it. For I want to try out some iNav stuff and see how it'll compare to my DJI Mavic Pro or Phantom 3.

Spider,

NO, THAT IS NOT NORMAL!!! GET HELP NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!

I have 10 now and I'm building number 11 and I know for certain that I'm not normal!

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
you guys are a bunch of nerds, really fun nerds...........lol

think ive figured out what im gonna order for my next victim, gonna be a 6".......i think....lol.
having a hard time pulling the trigger cause theres so much i wanna build

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax