Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Long rang with 2.4ghz setup? VLOG 17

Raymon,

Once again, great flying! The bird I'm working on right now is a Leopard 5" frame (because it's as close to the X-Ray you made for me), a BFF4 FC, Aikon 30A BLHeli-S ESC's, EMax RS2205-S 2300kv motors, Tramp HV, Runcam Split and the TBS Crossfire micro system.

The Crossfire system is an expensive test for me but I chose to try it more because of obstacles not distance. On some of my earlier videos, I was trying to get out further and go between the sheds, buildings and barns on my property. Sometimes I could make it through on other occasions the bird would just drop from the sky. I'm "hoping" the system will give me the ability to get through some of the obstacles and give me a little more area to work with.

Of course, even if it does give me greater penetration and range I might run into FPV issues which would then require some sort of ground station. If that turns out to be the case, costs and the hassle of incorporating another "system" into the mix will probably make me rethink the whole idea. I just thought it'd be fun to give it a shot.

I'm disappointed that I can run my Phantoms and Mavic for miles with pristine video and control range and I can hardly get off of my property with my race quads. The FPV manufactures are way behind on this technology. I'm hoping to see some big changes this next year in that area. We'll see.

Jerry

Reactions: HighTechPauper

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz