Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lipo battery help

Caseyren

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’ve been flying for a bit on 5s batterys and it’s nice but I wanted something more casual so I picked up two 4s Tattu Rline version 2.0 batterys. Today when I went out to fly them both reported normal voltage’s on all cells on my buzzer. About a minute into the flight my buzzer started going off and my quad started descending even with increased throttle when I landed it I checked the buzzer and three out of the four cells read 3.7 volts but the fourth one read 1.1. This made me very concerned because I know that undercharged lipos are dangerous but there was no damage to the battery and it’s brand new also it wasn’t warm and it was balance charged previously the same day, I then flew the second battery and the SAME thing happened, this has me scratching my head… Do you think I have a battery with a dead cell, or is my charger broke? How should I go about this and if it’s a dead cell can I get a replacement as I ordered from race day quads. Thanks everyone.

Contact RDQ! they should most likely replace them for you. Dont quote me but they have done good by me.
I wouldn't mess with the batteries.. send them back but call, email, text first to be sure

Reactions: Wayno52
Do what Futuramille said, but try another voltage checker first. The one you are using may be defective on the pin/circuit for that cell (assuming it’s the same cell in two different batteries that appear bad). If the individual cell voltages match what you are getting with your buzzer, then you must have bad cells, a bad charger, or bad balance cable/connector.

Inside the battery packs, the cells are connected in series, so if everything is working, you should be drawing power from all the cells and they should deplete at about the same rate with some variation due to physical and chemical differences in the cells.

Each wire on the battery’s balance cable connects to a connection between adjacent cells’ + and - posts (see schematic).

If after checking each cell at the balance connector with a different voltage tester one cell still appears dead, then I would suspect the charger or balance cable/connector. I think it would be unusual to get two batteries with bad cells in the same position. The odds of that happening seem higher than the battery charger or balance cable/connector going bad. My favorite charger has been in for repair twice.

Good luck!

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput