Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lift or take off problem

GIOVANOVO

Reaction score
Hi I have a vusion rise racer and it just flew OK but right now it doesn’t want to take off from the floor
Friendssay it might be that I have to reset it but I don’t know how can you help me?

Hi @GIOVANOVO, welcome to the forum!
I still have some of those quads though I don't fly them any more. Is there any chance you took the props off or replaced them and they are on backwards?
The Rise Vusion 250 is not a quad that can be reset or reflashed, and I highly doubt that is the issue. Does it seem to spin up as fast as it used to as far as you can tell?
And you are sure your battery is charged all the way?
Perhaps post a picyure of the quad so I can see if I see anything? Or maybe a short video of a liftoff attempt starting from disarmed, idle, and then power up?

Reactions: Wayno52
Welcome..
I have Rise House racers.. those are brushed motors and they wear out. If you've flown more than 30 or so flights, worn out motors could be the issue.

I went through these guys for quality replacements.

Last edited:
Reactions: HighTechPauper
Hi @GIOVANOVO, welcome to the forum!
I still have some of those quads though I don't fly them any more. Is there any chance you took the props off or replaced them and they are on backwards?
The Rise Vusion 250 is not a quad that can be reset or reflashed, and I highly doubt that is the issue. Does it seem to spin up as fast as it used to as far as you can tell?
And you are sure your battery is charged all the way?
Perhaps post a picyure of the quad so I can see if I see anything? Or maybe a short video of a liftoff attempt starting from disarmed, idle, and then power up?
THank u very much for answering, here is the video....

Attachments

• Untitled.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 5
thanks for taking the time, this guy i bought only the deone without the contropl etc since my other identical deone did the same, not fly, and yes, i swaped one engine because one that came with the new derone did not work

Attachments

• Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58 #2.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58 #2.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58 #3.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58 #3.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58 #4.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58 #4.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 8.58.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 2
thanks for taking the time, this guy i bought only the drone without the control etc since my other identical drone did the same, not fly, and yes, i swapped one engine because one that came with the new drone did not work

Attachments

• Untitleddd.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: Jtrjr
I was hoping for something a little closer so I could see the pitch of the props to make sure they were on correctly, but I cannot. It does look like 1 of the black props is pretty chewed up. I would suggest that these very tiny ones need good props to fly ok, they don't have the power to compensate for bad props. I also would say, put new props on and make sure they are the right direction to blow air out the bottom when the motor runs. It looks like the motors are making enough power to liftoff and it is being limited because 1 or more of the props is wrong direction for where it is on the quad. Thats my guess from everything I can see.

sorry,

Attachments

• Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48 #2.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48 #2.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.47.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.47.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48 #3.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48 #3.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48 #4.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48 #4.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.48.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.49.jpg
    Photo on 11-02-20 at 20.49.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 1
No worries! From those pictures, it looks like the back 2 props are wrong. With that quad, I am almost positive the prop color doesn't match just one direction, meaning there are black CW and black CCW props, as well as with the white ones having both directions. I would swap the rear 2 props from one side to the other and try it. I think it might fly if you just move rear left prop to rear right motor and vice versa.

Last edited:
Reactions: GIOVANOVO and Jtrjr
No worries! From those pictures, it looks like the back 2 props are wrong. With that quad, I am almost positive the prop color doesn't match just one direction, meaning there are black CW and black CCW props, as well as with the white ones having both directions. I would swap the rear 2 props from one side to the other and try it. I think it might fly if you just move rear left prop to rear right motor and vice versa.

back left and right motors rotate clockwise

front left motor rotates counterclocfkwise
friont right motor rotates clockwise

Attachments

• prop.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
Ok, now we know what the problems are.
The front left and rear right motors MUST spin the same way, just like front right and rear left MUST spin the same way.
This quad is set up to run what is called "props in" configuration, the front props should spin so that the tips of the blades spin into the camera, and the rear blades spin into the rear. If you de-pin and swap the wires in the one connector on the rear that will make the motor spin in the other direction, then just put the props on correctly and it should fly. If you face the camera forward like in the diagram below and look down from the top, the props must spin in the indicated direction. You can remove and swap the 2 wires on one of the motors if you know how to release the connectors from the sockets in the plastic connector. or use the proper motor from your other quad. I would also try to get some new props, these things (rise house racer) dont fly great anyway, and props must be in good shape to have reasonable flight.

1581617073945.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax