Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Lesson learned: Never enable Auto Power Off on Fatshark Scout (or any other goggle)

Trailbrake

Reaction score
I was messing around in the menus of my Scout this weekend, and saw Auto Power Off, which was disabled. I thought, well, if I accidentally leave them on I would like them to shut off before killing the battery. Well, that was a bad idea. While flying yesterday morning, on my second pack, they started beeping, which I hadn't heard before. The beeping rate began getting faster and faster, then all of a sudden, blackness! I had a general idea where I was when I lost signal. I freaked out and punched up briefly, then thought I should switch to Horizon mode, but by the time I figured out what to do, it was too late. The drone went in rear first and upside down. The receiver separated from it's antennas, (luckily they are detachable), pulled a motor wire loose and packed one motor full of dirt. That's the only damage I have found so far. Hopefully that's all I have to deal with.

Hopefully others can learn from my mistakes!

• Sad
Reactions: tevek
I was messing around in the menus of my Scout this weekend, and saw Auto Power Off, which was disabled. I thought, well, if I accidentally leave them on I would like them to shut off before killing the battery. Well, that was a bad idea. While flying yesterday morning, on my second pack, they started beeping, which I hadn't heard before. The beeping rate began getting faster and faster, then all of a sudden, blackness! I had a general idea where I was when I lost signal. I freaked out and punched up briefly, then thought I should switch to Horizon mode, but by the time I figured out what to do, it was too late. The drone went in rear first and upside down. The receiver separated from it's antennas, (luckily they are detachable), pulled a motor wire loose and packed one motor full of dirt. That's the only damage I have found so far. Hopefully that's all I have to deal with.

Hopefully others can learn from my mistakes!
I’ve never noticed that feature on my Fatshark v3, but I’m familiar with your level of quad carnage. Glad you got it back so at least you can get it back in the air.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas