Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Laughing at myself...

graywoulf

Reaction score
I am sure that it will pass but sometimes while flying FPV, I find myself leaning with the quad plus turning the controller as well. It reminds me of my younger days and playing pinball.

A few days ago, I was flying and got so involved with the quad movements that I started pivoting on my feet. ? I rocked around so much that I got cramps in both feet and almost lost my balance. When that flight was over, I was laughing at myself all the way back into the house but my feet were hurting so much that I had to sit down.

I used to get cramps in my neck while flying in a simulator while sitting in my easy chair. I was tensing up so much while flying but that has passed so that is why I say that I am sure that this too shall pass. ;):D

I also am waiting for a confirmation of permission to fly in a very large field a few miles away from my house. It is almost thirty acres to fly over. It will be awesome if I can get the land owner's permission. It all actually is owned by one family who own the largest lumber company in the county.

When I switched over to the DJI system, the screens are so big and immersive, my head bobs all over the place when flying, they can kinda make you feel dizzy at first until you get used to them.

Good to know that it's not just me. I guess that is what they mean by "immersive". ? ?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone! I do all the above and sometimes when I fly towards myself, I can see my head cocked to one side and looking down. I end up correcting myself out of embarrassment.... And I can’t fly just standing up, it will end badly. Sitting down or leaning against something is the go for me.

Reactions: graywoulf and okw
Don’t worry, you’re not alone! I do all the above and sometimes when I fly towards myself, I can see my head cocked to one side and looking down. I end up correcting myself out of embarrassment.... And I can’t fly just standing up, it will end badly. Sitting down or leaning against something is the go for me.
This is me exactly! Though I also have seen myself looking up as well. I just started flying FPV and I hope I'll get to where I can stand up without support eventually. :D

I guess that I am going to have to take a folding chair with me when I fly. I have used one of my lawn chairs a few times but I still catch myself leaning from side to side and tensing up when I fly too close to the ground or a tree. Like I said before, I am glad that it's not just me.

And I like your tagline. I have a t-shirt that says, "Never underestimate an old man with a Jeep."

That is a good one too! I actually got the saying from a shirt I bought on Amazon but it says " Never underestimate an old guy that is also a drone pilot!"

Reactions: okw
I am sure that it will pass but sometimes while flying FPV, I find myself leaning with the quad plus turning the controller as well. It reminds me of my younger days and playing pinball.

A few days ago, I was flying and got so involved with the quad movements that I started pivoting on my feet. ? I rocked around so much that I got cramps in both feet and almost lost my balance. When that flight was over, I was laughing at myself all the way back into the house but my feet were hurting so much that I had to sit down.

I used to get cramps in my neck while flying in a simulator while sitting in my easy chair. I was tensing up so much while flying but that has passed so that is why I say that I am sure that this too shall pass. ;):D

I also am waiting for a confirmation of permission to fly in a very large field a few miles away from my house. It is almost thirty acres to fly over. It will be awesome if I can get the land owner's permission. It all actually is owned by one family who own the largest lumber company in the county.
WE NEED VIDEO SET TO MUSIC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput