Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Kinda bummed - Flysight Spexman 2 goggles

LedChicken

Reaction score
I just received me spx02s from Amazon yesterday, and what a bummer.... The image looks awesome and I love the comfort, but they seem to be fatally flawed. In my basement, where I 've been practicing, as soon as I get maybe 20 feet out, around the corner, the image breaks up and starts to jump and roll so violently, I end up crashing. I also have Eachine Goggles Two and Ev800D, and they only show a bit of static in those spots that's usually no problem to fly through. Turning diversity on the spexman 2 off actually improves things a little, so diversity seems quite flawed with these as well. I'll probably have to return these and might eventually need some help figuring out the confusing world of Fat Shark. :( I was so hoping these would be at least ok...

i hear you. i just got a 7" monitor and the diversity was messed up. screen goes blank when switching to antenna b.
sometimes stuff arrives broken. this may be your issue as well. those are pretty good goggles so.. maybe do a return/ replace?

Reactions: Wayno52
I dropped them a note on Amazon describing the problem. Unfortunately, after reading a lot of the reviews, I'm starting to wonder if they're all like that. Several people complained about the exact thing I'm seeing. I wish I'd dug into the reviews deeper before I ordered. I went in k owing that they weren't going to have the range of some of the more expensive setups, but I sure didn't expect it to be this bad. Hopefully it's an issue just some, but not all are afflicted with, and an exchange takes care of it, but I have to admit that my hopes aren't the highest. I also just discovered today that one of the two AKK A5 cam/vtx combos I have is bad. Seems the cam bit the dust, because the goggles lock onto the channel, but all I'm getting is a black (or grey, actually) screen. Could have sworn they both worked, but surely I couldn't have killed a cam while just test fitting it to a mount I was modifying... bad day for me and hardware.

there are two constants in this game, no matter what you fly. the transmitter and the fpv goggles. your going to have several quads and a great experience depends on control and vision.
buy the absolute best available of these two items. they will both be out of date in a year but if you buy quality up front, it lasts longer and the suport is better. I'm not tempted to get the fatshark HDO because my dominator hd3 is still cooking a year later. I've worn out three head straps...
the HD3 is much cheaper now and i recommend it for what its worth. another 200$ to have quality without the bs, your already 250$ into it. get your money back if you can.. double it and get the best available. yes its expensive but what a comparitivly cheap and awesome rush.. right?

Reactions: Chun and Wayno52
Yep my skyzones have just bit the dust and I don't have the funds to replace with fs which I would love to. Just ordered Aomway v1 and I had to sell my parrot bebop 2 to cover that.
Too addicted to stop now though.

Reactions: Futuramille
I just received me spx02s from Amazon yesterday, and what a bummer.... The image looks awesome and I love the comfort, but they seem to be fatally flawed. In my basement, where I 've been practicing, as soon as I get maybe 20 feet out, around the corner, the image breaks up and starts to jump and roll so violently, I end up crashing. I also have Eachine Goggles Two and Ev800D, and they only show a bit of static in those spots that's usually no problem to fly through. Turning diversity on the spexman 2 off actually improves things a little, so diversity seems quite flawed with these as well. I'll probably have to return these and might eventually need some help figuring out the confusing world of Fat Shark. :( I was so hoping these would be at least ok...
Hate to hear that.The specman 2 we're my first set of goggles, over a year and a half ago . My son still uses them. I was disappointed in my dom3 I thought they were going to be way better than my flysight, not until I bought another $100 receiver, cost twice the money but not twice as good. Fatshark shines with it's customer service, variety of receivers and info on YouTube.

Yep my skyzones have just bit the dust and I don't have the funds to replace with fs which I would love to. Just ordered Aomway v1 and I had to sell my parrot bebop 2 to cover that.
That sucks! I kept 2 of my "smart" drones when I got into fpv, my mavic and bepob 2.

**** Wayne, i hope your still flying with something? sorry to hear this buddy.

there are two constants in this game, no matter what you fly. the transmitter and the fpv goggles. your going to have several quads and a great experience depends on control and vision.
buy the absolute best available of these two items. they will both be out of date in a year but if you buy quality up front, it lasts longer and the suport is better. I'm not tempted to get the fatshark HDO because my dominator hd3 is still cooking a year later. I've worn out three head straps...
the HD3 is much cheaper now and i recommend it for what its worth. another 200$ to have quality without the bs, your already 250$ into it. get your money back if you can.. double it and get the best available. yes its expensive but what a comparitivly cheap and awesome rush.. right?

I hear ya, and you're absolutely right, but... I am on an extremely low budget. It's not like I have the money, and just decided to cheap out. I suppose what I should have done is waited until I had more to spend, but something always seems to come up and then what I had to spend disappears. From looking at and watching some reviews, I knew that the reception with these wasn't great, but I didn't expect unuseable at 20 feet out in my basement. I haven't heard back from the seller/manufacturer, but I'm kind of hoping I just got a particularly bad set, although from what I've now read I'm not holding my breath. If they're really all this bad, how is this even a product, lol. OTOH, there are some reviewers that seem to love them, so maybe all hope isn't lost yet. The thing that kills me about Fat Sharks is that I find the receiver issue confusing af. Some come with none, some apparently come with some hobbled, "fat shark band" only receiver.... I'm starting to think Aomway (commander v2 I think) is the way to go. Looks like you can at least get everything you need in one box, pretty much ready to go. What I really want is just some decent dual screen (non box) race band goggles that work with slightly nearsighted vision, without having to add diopters preferably, and I don't have $500 to spend. *shrug*

I totally get that. With my transmitter I got lucky and got a really good deal on a Taranis x9d plus through a Facebook group I'm a member of. Not top of the line per se, but I think a decent investment on a solid piece of gear. My first transmitter was actually a first gen Jumper t8sg that I picked up on ebay for like $40. A lot of people consider those junk, but it was good enough to convince me that I wanted to get involved in the hobby. I've actually had a couple offers to buy it, but I'm gonna keep it because having a radio that will talk to almost anything around is awfully handy. :)

Lol, the targeted advertising is getting a little scary... I popped on here to dig through some old threads for info on fat sharks, and was greeted with an ad for eachine ev200d goggles. Earlier today, I was wondering if maybe I should just send the spexman 2 back and wait for the ev200d to become available, since I've been pretty happy with most eachine branded equipment I have. Advertising is reading my mind!

i picked the x9d plus too... great transmitter but even better... taranis recievers are smaller. I'm not going to spectrum... so though x9d is not the "best" i think its good enough. I'm not sure there is better unless you buy futaba and im not sold that spectrum is better.
for quads i think its kinda a pain in the *** to use futaba. i don't agree its better but I'm game for an argument
i just wish i got the carbon fiber skin. red is good though...15365400712782481242044928244871.jpg

Last edited:
Futura good thing is my supplier lives about 15 minutes away and always looks after me.
Picked up my Aomways this morning but rain here all day. Grrrrr.
Got a few appointments tomorrow morning but hopefully will try them in the afternoon.
Totally different screen though, they kinda feel like your wearing someone else's glasses. Picture is great though just a lot wider.

i hope your up and flying soon this week Wayno.
i can't get over or adjust to how light my 5" is without the camera on board. I'm flying way to fast and crashing harder. had to take a motor apart yesterday to dig dirt out of it. went through 4 sets of blades over the weekend. ( ;

Yeah mate my last camera (not GoPro) was only 74 grams with strap so not too bad.
Not GoPro footage though so hive and take.
Anyhow I always love your dvr footage, I kinda like raw stream of what you see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax