Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Kinda bummed - Flysight Spexman 2 goggles

I just received me spx02s from Amazon yesterday, and what a bummer.... The image looks awesome and I love the comfort, but they seem to be fatally flawed. In my basement, where I 've been practicing, as soon as I get maybe 20 feet out, around the corner, the image breaks up and starts to jump and roll so violently, I end up crashing. I also have Eachine Goggles Two and Ev800D, and they only show a bit of static in those spots that's usually no problem to fly through. Turning diversity on the spexman 2 off actually improves things a little, so diversity seems quite flawed with these as well. I'll probably have to return these and might eventually need some help figuring out the confusing world of Fat Shark. :( I was so hoping these would be at least ok...
Led, have you tried new (better) antennas?

Led, have you tried new (better) antennas?
Sorry, missed this till now. All I did was to try the antennas off my ev800ds just for Apple's to apples comparison. The ev800ds handle the interference so much better. Where the ev800ds show a few lines zap across the screen, the spexman 2s have a conniption fit. The display jumps and rolls, and it sometimes looks like the image comes from an entirely different angle. I've decided they're going back, and I'm picking up some practically new fat shark hd3 with a furious fpv module from a trusted local source today.

But on the subject of better antennas... I'm flying mainly whoops with dipole antennas for now. I've seen some dipoles for sale that claim up to 8db gain. Anyone know if those claims can be trusted? If anyone has a recommendation for a dipole that works really well, I'd appreciate it! From what I've come to understand, other types of high gain antennas such as panels etc. Would most likely yield worse reception in my basement practice environment due to their highly directional, conical pickup patterns. If I'm wrong there, I'd certainly be interested in other suggestions as well. I will most likely order myself a patch for going to the races, where the course is usually mostly out in front of our flying positions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya