Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Just saying hello.

Reaction score
Hello from Perth, Western Australia.
I'm relatively new to the RC world and completely new to Quads.
I dipped my toes into the world of RC about 5 years ago with some Buggies, Boats, Planes and Heli's.
Then I got busy and well,life happens and I didnt get to play with any of it until about November last year when I finally got the time and interest again.
I starting pulling some of my stuff out of the shed only to realize what I had was now so hopelessly out of date it wasnt funny.
And now we have Quads! All the advantages of being able to fly without the constant forward movement without the time to think and co-ordinate your reactions. Get confused, just stop! The quad stops in mid air (I realize that's only if its in the correct mode with GPS and Altimeter) so the first quad I purchased had that. My 90 size nitro heli from the past was supposed to at least self level and stay pointing in the same direction, but it never did and wound up costing me a lot of money in repairs. In the end I was too scared to fly it.

I'm tech savvy but a little overwhelmed by the complexity and modern terminology atm.
I know I'll get my head around it all, its just time and experience. Advice from others goes a long way as well.

Hello Wayne.
I'm currently playing a little with FPV. I have a couple of sets of box goggles and a set of Skyzone SKY02S
At this stage I need to get used to flying, bring the skill level up will some flight time as at the moment, I suck bigtime!
Once I get 1/2 way competent, I'll look carefully at racing and at general freestyle flight. I'm not a huge fan of photography, so I probably wont go that way too far, plus DJI stuff is a little outside what I want to spend on a drone.
Part of my problem is I have too many hobbies, and no-where-near enough time to indulge half of them!
Diving, 4WDing, RC, IT and PC gaming (Flight/Space Sims), just to mention a few. I've also just purchased a 3D printer to help out with model repair/upgrade/why.
So to answer your question, I'm not too sure yet. Probably a mix of several things. Racing will probably depend on how I go with my latest acquisition, once I finally get it going. I just got a FuriBee x215 pro but its turning into a bit of a time-sink as I'm having issues binding it to my Taranis.
I would say that soon I'll also be looking for a drone club, or general RC club of sorts cos at this stage, I need help.

Yeah Philip not too much in the way of clubs near us. Mainly down south.
More into freestyle myself so not too bothered at this stage. As for your binding issues I will say the techy guys on here are fantastic. I’m not so techy so I only jump in when I feel like I can actually help. I have the skyzones as well and really like them. Nice hobby list you got there too.

Reactions: Futuramille

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas