Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Just Another New Guy..

dman0106

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been wanting to get into a new hobby and grabbed some interest in fpv drones. Just wanted to get some opinions on what build I can do with $500-$600. I would need everything pretty much to controller, batt charger etc. Again I'm new and I have been doing some research on google and youtube videos. I know I should probably start with a rtf kit but going big from the beginning. Thanks again

anything specific you have in mind to begin with? FlySky 1a6 Radio Receiver combo,
Kylin FPV vision goggles for sure just to keep price point low. was looking at Space One Formula 220X frame and go from there. But choosing from so many options.lol I know the thread is for 250 frames. still deciding
I welcome all opinions

Last edited:
I would say:

Wizard x220 ARF $143 banggood.com
Radiolink AT9S w/receiver $140 Amazon
Eachine Goggles Two $150 banggood
1300mAh 4S 45C Batteries $20ea
Charger $50+

Add a smaller brushed micro for practice like EX or QX series $50-$75, or brushless like Aurora 90 for $150.

for the batteries and charger, does ordering from banggood matter or is there chance for knock off or something. the Eachine goggles are on backorder

I got my batteries from hobbyking, and from crazepony on Amazon. Haven't tried banggood for batteries. I don't know where else to look for those goggles sorry.

no worries. lol. For the micro's, the Eachine EX100 gives the options for DSM2 receiver or frsky compatible receiver? from what I read so far, the controller is not dsm2 compatible, so the micro would have to be frsky compatible? ill be doing my research in the mean time to learn as much as I can. So far banggood has the wizard, controller w/ receiver and micros. ill be taking a look at hobbyking and crazypony tomorrow. I do appreciate all the info and help

Last edited:
You will need to swap the receiver on the micro out for a Radiolink R6DSM receiver. Helipal sells SRD101 already with Radiolink receiver but don't know too many BNF options for Radiolink generally.

So what made you decide on the radiolink controller over the others within a decent price range?

It has FHSS, 1.5km range, 2ms response time, color screen, cheap and small receivers, loads of switches, up to 12 channels, etc. Overall, just a very solid radio.

I think I'm going o go with the at9s, but will I need to order a micro receiver (r6dsm) for one of the ex or qx series drones to fly it for practice use and if I decide to build my on drone, I would use the r9ds for that? just trying to make sure I don't order something and then have to order again and wait longer.. seems like hobbywing has the "goggles two" in stock.

Last edited:
Decided to build my drone. This is what I got as of now. Haven't gotten any of the of items yet tho.
1x space one 220x frame
1xBrainFPV RE1 F4 Flight Controller w/ OSD
1xRadiolink AT9S 2.4GHz 9 Channel Transmitter Radio With R9DS Receiver
1xEV-Peak E4 50W 4Amp LiPO Battery Balance Charger
1xRadiolink R6DS 6-CH S.BUS 2.4GHz DSSS Receiver
1x1-8S Lipo Battery Voltage Tester / Low Voltage Buzzer Alarm
1xLumenier 1300mAh 4s 75c Lipo Battery (XT60)
4 x DYS - XSD30A ESC - support Dshot (DYS-XSD30A)
1 x BrainFPV Mini Power Board (mPB) (BFPV-mPB)
4 x EMAX - RS2205-S Race Spec - 2300KV (RS2205-S 2300KV)
3 x Direct Drive HQ Prop - Glass Fiber - 5x4x3 Black

All the parts arrived a week ago. So far I flashed the brainfpv re1 with betaflight and mounted to motors to the frame.

All the parts arrived a week ago. So far I flashed the brainfpv re1 with betaflight and mounted to motors to the frame.
How is the build going? What do you think about the AT9s?
Any pics?

How is the build going? What do you think about the AT9s?
Any pics?
I'll be honest, I'm no where near ready to fly it.lol been busy working two jobs and spending time with family. Little by little. So far 4 motors and two escs are installed.

Reactions: Mtjunky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax