Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Issues setting up Sbus with FS-i6 and FS-A8S

spiderpig

Reaction score
So up to now I've been using PPM and it's fine and works with no issues. I have a Taranis x9d coming next week so I figured I'd check out using SBUS instead so I can get more channels usage. Now I ordered the smaller receivers (FS-A8s) to put into my smaller quads (180 and 210) and on the wiring it has an iBus and Sbus pin to use.

I have a SP F3 FC and I looked at youtube videos showing how to wire it up. I uses UART 3. So in Cleanflight I set UART3 to serial. I then told it to use RX Serial in the receiver mode and then SBUS for the provider. I saved, rebooted, and it beeping at me like I don't have a radio connected. I tried iBUS with same results. The only setting which doesn't beep at me is spectrum1024...but then all the controls are just moving by themselves and jumping all over the place.

So for now I went back to PPM. But is there anything I'm doing wrong? On the transmitter I have AFSHD turned on. I do have PPM set on as recommended by other videos. I do relize this won't really matter next week when my taranis gets here...but to me it's about troubleshooting and figuring out why its not working.

I am having the same issue with the piko blx(hoverbot) build I just finished with the same receiver . Did you ever get a resolution to this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput