Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is the manual wrong?

spiderpig

Reaction score
So I ordered a RJX SP Racing F3 EVO FC to replace my bad one. I was looking at their direction on the website and it looks a bit odd. They have the motor spin arrows going the right way, but the motors are labeled and wired wrong. Am I correct? Motor 1 and 4 should be clockwise and Motor 2 and 3 should be Counter Clock wise right?

The spin direction is right (the arrow at least). But if you look at motor one it's labeled CCW and its wired for CCW. The arrow around motor one shows the spin should be CW. So its a little confusing.

I wired my motors up today and used a servo tester to make sure they all spin correctly. Hopefully the FC arrives tomorrow and I can start setting that up. I was originally thinking of having the PCB on the bottom, but I'm afraid a landing will know some wires...so going to stack it with the FC now. Here's today's progress:

For some ridiculous reason, the CW or CCW designation of a motor is often given as viewed from below the motor. So basically it is labeled backwards on purpose.

For some ridiculous reason, the CW or CCW designation of a motor is often given as viewed from below the motor. So basically it is labeled backwards on purpose.

for a first build, it's confusing. Turns out, I still screwed something up. The motors are spinning the right way, but the nut on top isn't holding down the prop. I looked at my old motor and figured I had the motors mounted for the wrong turn type. I need to undo everything anyway when the FC arrives.

Again - loving the learning experience from this. Will be a lot more confident when I build my next drone.

A Motor Marked clockwise will always be used in the counter clockwise motor spot so that the nut self Tightens and vice versa

The spin direction is right (the arrow at least). But if you look at motor one it's labeled CCW and its wired for CCW. The arrow around motor one shows the spin should be CW. So its a little confusing.

I've been working with 3 wire (3 Phase) motors for more than 30 years. And I have never been able to depend on just simply connecting a motor and having it rotate in the direction needed (every time). These "little" motors and speed controllers may be more reliable (or consistent) about how they are manufactured than their bigger cousins. But I always rely on visual confirmation on motor rotation. Just simple connect the motor normally (ABC). And reverse the motor in the software "as needed".

A Motor Marked clockwise will always be used in the counter clockwise motor spot so that the nut self Tightens and vice versa

Yeah the motors weren't marked with any direction, so I was using the nut tightening as an indication. Will report back after I change fix the orientation.

Funny that I saw this post, today my rjx SP racing F3 EVO Flight controller with pdb will be in, although sincee ordering it found out that it is a knock off. It's the last component I need to complete my build

Funny that I saw this post, today my rjx SP racing F3 EVO Flight controller with pdb will be in, although sincee ordering it found out that it is a knock off. It's the last component I need to complete my build

Mine is arriving today as well. Hopefully it'll work ok. For a first build I just want to learn more about the process. I figure for the second build I'll get higher quality parts and maybe some cooler things like OSD.

Lots of good videos on YouTube on the SP racing F3 Evo I just hope this knock-off I ordered it's the same thing

Im using spektrum, if sbus isnt the same as cppm, theyre simular in that they use 1 signal wire instead of 4

Btw, the cw and ccw markings on motors designates shaft thread direction, not motor direction as motors (most) are non directional

PPM is one signal wire also, PWM is four.
Yup
I have a tip I learned the hard way.
My first quad was a spedix 250 pro and the salesman at hobbytown where I purchased it also sold me two 2200 mah batterys with it. Two crashes later, I had a broke arm. If you're learning to fly, use the smallest (lightest) batteries possible. You have a short flight time but less chance of destruction in crashes. My crisader 130 flies 800 mah batteries and has had hundreds of crashes. Still going strong

Btw, the cw and ccw markings on motors designates shaft thread direction, not motor direction as motors (most) are non directional

These are the motors I have on it now:
Amazon.com: HOBBYMATE Quadcopter Kit Motor ESC Combo, 2 Pairs CW CCW 2204 2300KV Plus 4 PCS Upgrade BLHeli 15A ESC for For 180 210 250 RC Quadcopter Drone Multirotor: Toys & Games

I'm waiting for these to arrive from china to eventually replace them:
4X Racerstar Racing Edition 1806 BR1806 2280KV 1-3S Brushless Motor CW/CCW For 250 260 RC Multirotor

There isn't any markings on it to indicate which way it should spin. So the nut was the only way to tell.

The FC should be arriving today, so we'll see how good it is.

1806 to replace 2204? Why not 2205 or 2206?

Well I had the 1806 on order and didn't know how long it was going to take..so got the 2204. I also ordered a 4in1 30amp ESC for the 1806 to keep everything nice and small, that was my original intentions. I figured I'd move the 2204 and ESC's to a bigger frame in the future...but again - nothing is set in stone. I could always use the 1806 and 4 in 1 esc on another smaller build.

If you hold the nut, then spin the motor in its proper direction, the nut should tighten.

Was wondering about the what's myself

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax