Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is the manual wrong?

If you hold the nut, then spin the motor in its proper direction, the nut should tighten.

You probably already know this. But not all manufacturers make CCW wound motors.

So my review of the jx SP racing F3 EVO isn't good I'm afraid. It took awhile for it to accept a 5v power connection via the pins (even though they were soldered and motor ones were working fine). finally managed to get 5v power to it and configured everything. Did a couple indoor test flight and then went out doors. The drone handled some crashes fine..but after about 5 flights FC wasn't getting power. Brought it inside and with Usb power it was able to see everything and the motors were all fine. Checked the 5v connection with voltmeter and it was getting 5 v to it..but the board wasn't powering on. So tried other pins and even directly soldering to it - no luck. So avoid this clone FC.

That's a bummer. I have had good luck with my LHI clone from Amazon.

Well talked to my buddy who's quad I've flown and he has a seriously dodo FC in it. Looked it up and I can hook up the battery to it directly and it does the 5v stuff it needs...so one less thing I need to worry about. So we'll see when it arrives.

Last edited:
Been watching videos about setting it up and didn't see that mentioned. Where did you find this info?
It's just a precaution really. Not required but highly recommended. Anything connected directly to the battery (and not run through a power conditioner) needs some sort of protection.

It's just a precaution really. Not required but highly recommended. Anything connected directly to the battery (and not run through a power conditioner) needs some sort of protection.

Gotcha...the FC has a couple regulators on it. It steps down the voltage to 5v for the transmitter and other devices, and also has 3.3v available as well. Pretty impressed with everything I'm reading about it so far. The real test will be if it works.

So I"m going to use this down time to re-wire the drone. I got a 4in1 30a ESC coming in today sometime that I'll replace the 4 15a ESC currently in place. Will be able to put in some shrink tubing around places I wasn't thinking about before as well.

So lesson learned today is avoid cloning brains.

Gotcha...the FC has a couple regulators on it. It steps down the voltage to 5v for the transmitter and other devices, and also has 3.3v available as well. Pretty impressed with everything I'm reading about it so far. The real test will be if it works..

The reg's on the FC are for outputs to your peripheral devices like camera's, vTx's and Rx's. So "yes" (the peripheral's) are protected. But the FC itself (being connected directly to the battery) doesn't have ANY protection.

Sorry to hear it's bad, mine is doing great so far, hardly any tuning and have run 10 paks or so so far

Another 8 paks after work, including a couple crashes, still good. Spent an hour afterwards, installing a temporary camera and transmitter so I can fly fpv Sunday (work tomorrow). Ordering a stackable tx and a foxeer camera so I can move my receiver under the top plate where the tx is now.

20170303_230155.jpg by Another 8 paks after work, including a couple crashes, still good. Spent an hour afterwards, installing a temporary camera and transmitter so I can fly fpv Sunday (work tomorrow). Ordering a stackable tx and a foxeer camera so I can move my receiver under the top plate where the tx is now.

View attachment 449 by Another 8 paks after work, including a couple crashes, still good. Spent an hour afterwards, installing a temporary camera and transmitter so I can fly fpv Sunday (work tomorrow). Ordering a stackable tx and a foxeer camera so I can move my receiver under the top plate where the tx is now.

Glad to hear your is working. It could have been that my PCB got hit bad and the voltage regulator went on it....but not sure. When I flew it, I had about 4-5 crashes that it survived without any issues. So wonder what the last one did to cause an issue.

View attachment 449 by Another 8 paks after work, including a couple crashes, still good. Spent an hour afterwards, installing a temporary camera and transmitter so I can fly fpv Sunday (work tomorrow). Ordering a stackable tx and a foxeer camera so I can move my receiver under the top plate where the tx is now.

What frame is that on the quad?....looks pretty cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone