Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is it all too hard.

Wayno52

Reaction score
So I finally got out today and flew 5 packs before I fried my vtx on my GTR 130.
I flew a couple of packs to range test and check out the area and then decided to record the next pack.
I hit a tree after about 2 minutes and ripped a blade off one prop.
Up in the air again with a fresh pack and I hit a tree and shredded the balance leads on that pack.
New pack and I hit the dirt on a power loop and it took me a few minutes to find my bird.
My vtx antenna had been ripped off and broken prop.
Got it all set up again and started another run. Not too long before I stared to notice video feed was not good. On the way back it just got worse and eventually went black.
I can only guess I have fried my vtx.
It just seems like I'm getting worse not better.

I really love fpv but it's doing my head in.

Well big boy, your day was shite and mine wasn’t far behind. Took my Hawk 5 out today and couldn’t get the goggles sorted, turns out that I mucked up the vtx channel and auto search failed ( couldn’t access the vtx due to amount of rubbish I’d packed around it preventing me from seeing the display without having my tools on hand). Note to self: F2.
Packed that up and flew my super cub s plane for the giggle factor.
Got home and flew my x140 which was a wild experience and I crashed incessantly. Dragged that inside and, reloaded the original cli dump and it flew like a champ.
Took the the mobula 7 out for a run and cooked a motor for no reason at all. New one on the way, but the day was a waste.
Back to work tomorrow....

Haha, glad I'm not alone mate but I thought I had a bad day.
At least I only crippled one quad today.
Lol
You home on RNR now?
Yeah but heading back tomorrow. I’ve spent my RNR doing the firewood thing, shopping, cleaning cars, paying bills and waiting for the rain to move on. Maybe a quick flight in the morning.

Reactions: Wayno52
I feel both your pain, we just want to fly, and sometimes the universe just laughs at us.
I'm surprised the Hawk5 doesn't have Smart Audio Tevek?
Wayne, bust out the meter and hit me up if I can help you diagnose.
Rip on you guys, never give up the ship, your some of my heroes!

I feel both your pain, we just want to fly, and sometimes the universe just laughs at us.
I'm surprised the Hawk5 doesn't have Smart Audio Tevek?
Wayne, bust out the meter and hit me up if I can help you diagnose.
Rip on you guys, never give up the ship, your some of my heroes!
It does, the problem I had was I was trying to get up and away and I stalled. Absolute rookie mistake, the upside was I had a a couple of aboriginal kids watching me fly the quad los and they loved it. Flying the rc plane later was tedious and they chased it around the paddock, screeching and yelling. I was seriously annoyed but in the scheme of things, no big deal.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
So I finally got out today and flew 5 packs before I fried my vtx on my GTR 130.
I flew a couple of packs to range test and check out the area and then decided to record the next pack.
I hit a tree after about 2 minutes and ripped a blade off one prop.
Up in the air again with a fresh pack and I hit a tree and shredded the balance leads on that pack.
New pack and I hit the dirt on a power loop and it took me a few minutes to find my bird.
My vtx antenna had been ripped off and broken prop.
Got it all set up again and started another run. Not too long before I stared to notice video feed was not good. On the way back it just got worse and eventually went black.
I can only guess I have fried my vtx.
It just seems like I'm getting worse not better.

I really love fpv but it's doing my head in.
Don’t give up.
I say the better I get the more I crash.
It’s true.
It’s because I’m trying to do harder moves.
In the beginning I was happy to just take off and fly around an open field. Now I’m trying loops, flips, rolls and dives.
Each crash is a learning experience. You know what not to do next time.

Reactions: Wayno52
I can relate with all of you, today I took the Tyro129 out and was going fine(even made it out over 500m np) until I decided to a flip with the 5s battery and right when I did it, the screen went to static. I watched my drone fall from like 100 feet into some deep brush about 150-200m away. I searched and the beeper was not working meaning no power. I am taking my Autel Evo out tomorrow morning since I have a general idea where it fell and hopefully I can find it.

• Sad
Reactions: HighTechPauper
I can relate with all of you, today I took the Tyro129 out and was going fine(even made it out over 500m np) until I decided to a flip with the 5s battery and right when I did it, the screen went to static. I watched my drone fall from like 100 feet into some deep brush about 150-200m away. I searched and the beeper was not working meaning no power. I am taking my Autel Evo out tomorrow morning since I have a general idea where it fell and hopefully I can find it.
Oh dear, good luck with finding it. The first one I lost is still on its way to Mars....

Reactions: Madhungarian
No luck :( My depth perception might be off a little since my screen when to static I only had like 1 second to see the fall before it was out of view. I even had some nice lady help me on her horse. Here is me giving up searching with the drone.

No luck :( My depth perception might be off a little since my screen when to static I only had like 1 second to see the fall before it was out of view. I even had some nice lady help me on her horse. Here is me giving up searching with the drone.
You can’t give up. Not sure about other people but the times when I’ve lost my quads ( in at least a reasonable search area) I keep looking. My best effort was three days and I knew it was there waiting for me. On my smaller quads I run the simple tile/button type trackers, good for about 100 mtrs and you can get fairly close. GPS modules are next on the list for the bigger stuff.

You can’t give up. Not sure about other people but the times when I’ve lost my quads ( in at least a reasonable search area) I keep looking. My best effort was three days and I knew it was there waiting for me. On my smaller quads I run the simple tile/button type trackers, good for about 100 mtrs and you can get fairly close. GPS modules are next on the list for the bigger stuff.
I will try again :). I wont give up, it's just that I burned to a crisp under the sun.

Yea! Keep trying. If you know the general area I think your best bet is to put on long pants and a long sleeved shirt and go into the brush. That is pretty heavy brush but try a zig zag walking pattern.

Hey, just think of the joy you'll feel when you spot it. Good luck. I hope you find it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax