Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is FrSky R9M 2019 Transmitter Module compatible with X9D Plus Transmitter?

dingodar

Reaction score
Pilots, I have searched everywhere and can't figure it out!!!
Is the FrSky R9M 2019 Transmitter Module with access protocol - compatible with a standard X9D Plus Transmitter?
Thanks

rtkDarling, Thanks for your help! I was able to view your reply through email, but it is not showing up on the thread.
Am I doing something wrong here?

I do have R9, but it is the old one and not the new one, still I believe the ACCESS protocol is between the TX and RX modules and would be supported by the old X9D+

Honestly, I'm not sure if the old X9D has the ACCESS protocol. I know the module will fit in the bay, but I'm not positive your firmware is compatible. @HighTechPauper has an R9, he might know.

Do you already own the Radio?
Yes - I just bought it a couple months ago. I could have got the 2019 version for the same price but I am new to the game and did not know.

Reactions: rtkDarling
I do have R9, but it is the old one and not the new one, still I believe the ACCESS protocol is between the TX and RX modules and would be supported by the old X9D+
That is what I am hoping for, because I already ordered the 2019 module, and did not think to verify it’s compatibility.

I personally think you are better off with the old version of the radio, it has D8 support that the new one does NOT have and ACCESS protocol brings nothing valuable to the table IMHO. With the new radio you can't fly your whoops which are D8 only, so I think you made the right choice.

I personally think you are better off with the old version of the radio, it has D8 support that the new one does NOT have and ACCESS protocol brings nothing valuable to the table IMHO. With the new radio you can't fly your whoops which are D8 only, so I think you made the right choice.
That’s great news and good to know! And I do fly whoops ?
I appreciate your insight on this.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
You'll likely have to update the firmware across the board.
I'll be very disappointed if FrSky released a new module that's NOT compatible with their old flagship ?
I think it will work, let us know
Thanks ? . I will let you know how it goes...

And in case you hadn't noticed, the new R9 is supposed to be OTA update like Crossfire, though I am not exactly sure what that means. My guess is that you still download firmware from Frsky and install it on the TX like normal through the radio, but then the RX gets updated by the TX after binding like the Crossfire does over the air.

Here is the solution to get it working...

1. Ensure Tarannis is flashed to Flex Software
2. Flash r9mm to accst r9_mm_Flex_Fport.frk
3. solder in 5 volts + -
4. Solder inverted s.port to an open uart TX
5. In Beta Flight set selected uart to serial
6. in beta flight configuration set to s.bus
7. Serialrx Provider to FPORT
8. Go to beta flight and check if sticks are responding
9. If not working, enter this command in beta flight "set serialrx_halfduplex = ON"
10. enable telemetry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas