Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Intro

Keith,

Yes, you can make it hover but it doesn't hover like a Phantom would. It will fly backwards but if you're flying FPV you wouldn't be able to tell where you're going.

Jerry

Jerry ,
I am aware of the fpv issue... front and back...i am going to fly without goggles at first so i can learn the birds flying characteristics...

Thanks
Keith

Speeder, you don't need more than 1 pack in LOS. Do FPV right away with a spotter, flying slow and low. It isn't gonna help much to do LOS in my opinion. FPV is easier anyways.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hey Green,
Thanks for your imput...i will just have to see how it goes.

Keith
P.s. 5/1 cant get here soon enough!

Keith,

The GT2 will be a tough bird to fly LOS, it's pretty aggressive and could get away from you pretty easily. Like Green, I'd recommend FPV flying. If you do decide on LOS, make sure you have your set-up guy install some LED's otherwise you won't have any idea what direction it's going.

Jerry

Jerry,

I am sure you are right. My interest is in learning as much as i can in the shortest time i can (without destroying the drone)..
You and green have suggested the same thing ...so it must be correct. I appreciate the help immensely...

Keith

Hi Jerry and green and mark,
I have been on the net and there are a lot OF PROPS OUT THERE...Jerry why did you pick the ones you fly with?

Keith

Jerry,
Do propellers change flying characteristics of drone ...smoother or more aggressive or more tame?

Keith

Keith,

I wouldn't say it's the "correct" way to fly, it's just easier for me. It's difficult enough to fly these things without adding in the extra effort required to maintain visual orientation. That said, there are many folks that are phenomenal LOS flyers. Check out this link to see what I'm talking about:

Justin Thomas Freestyling with his Stretched X 250 Orca Quad

Props have a great deal to do with how your bird flies. A great bird with the "right" props can be a total dog with the "wrong" ones. I'm sure I picked the ones I'm using now from recommendations I read or saw when doing the hours and hours of research I did (and still do) on the net. The props I'm using now have worked fairly well for me across all of my 5 inch birds. I just ordered some different props just to start experimenting.

Jerry

I found 3 blade props made my drone more stable....i dont know wether it should be or not but it worked for me :)

Jerry,
You have done it again!!!!that was very informative even though I understood only about 30% of the video completely.
Wow, that bird is AWSOME...I hope i can fly the thing...

You have to be a computer geek to understand all the stuff...
Thank goodness i am having it programmed and final assembled. I was thinking of getting another one for back up...
In case i smash the crap out of the first one..(waiting for parts is a drag)

Thank you Kindly
I hope i measure up.
Keith

I found 3 blade props made my drone more stable....i dont know wether it should be or not but it worked for me :)

Hi Ray, is funny you should mention that...i was at my local flight hobby shop and they said that in general the more blades on a prop ..3/4 the more stable and responsive the birds will be but at the expense of flight time...stable is better
I must think?.

VIRGIN NOOB
Keith

Hi Jerry,
I got my charger and fat shark dominator v3 yesterday but the battery for the goggles was bad...wont charge ..used 2 different chargers and the display said that one of the cells was at 1.67 v and he other cell was at 6.74v...used new battery checkers (2) and they both said NO and screamed at me ...about scared my wife out of her chair...me too.
Sent fat shark a email.. ordered anther battery from amazon

FYI
Keith

Keith,

Yeah, those testers still scare me! Did you get a specific charger for/with your FS battery? Do you have a link to the FS you purchased? If I remember correctly, I'd have to check, I had to buy a specific charger for my FS V3's.

Jerry

Last edited:
Hi Jerry,
I contacted Fat Shark and they told me that the ft battery has a internalbalancer and should be charged in the (no balance) mode on my new charger...it charged fine after i used a recharge on it because the battery was at such low voltage...
All is well everything charged just fine...great video!!!!

Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax