Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Intro

Jerry ,
I figured it out and swapped purchases

Thanks again
Keith

Keith,

What bird are you planning on getting? The D4R is the receiver you put in your list. I'm suggesting that instead of getting that you may want to get the XSR receiver.

Jerry

Jerry,
I got the gt2 that you suggested i get... (excited) going to call tomorrow morning and talk with them about getting one

Keith

Everything ok with that bird?

JERRY ,
I got the Frsky XRS 2.4 HZ 16 CH ACCST
RECEIVER S-BUS CPPM OUTPUT
SUPPORT X9D X9E X9DP X12S

THAT IS EXACTLY IT
Ok or no?
Keith

Jerry,
Sorry, typo that is the one i got....you know what's got me pumped is your video is only half throttle yeeeha!!!!

Keith
I will order that bird exactly
Tomorrow morning
Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Hi Green,
Thanks so much for your input!
GOSH I HOPE THAT I CAN GET A DIATONE....

Keith

Keith,

I'd be willing to wait a bit if necessary if I were you. Personally, I think it would be worth it. You're going to need a little time to get up to speed on the other items on your list anyway. I'd start learning about the radio and how to set it up, the XSR and how to install and use it, installing and using BetaFlight, the charger and how to maintain your batteries. You can also start learning about the GT2 before you get it and what you need to do to get it ready to fly. You might even want to invest in a generic F3 flight controller for learning how to flash and use Betaflight (something like this Amazon.com: RJX SP Racing F3 Flight Controller Acro 6 DOF for RC Multicopter for DIY Mini 180 190 195 210 220 250 280 300 330 RC Drone: Toys & Games). It'll allow you to plug it into your computer and open up Betaflight straight out of the box, nothing else needed. That way you can get familiar with BetaFlight. You could use the board on a future build. Just a few things to think about.

Jerry

Keith,

And as Green has noted, if you're too impatient, you could always go with the Wizard. Green knows that thing like the back of his hand and is a great resource for any issues that may come up with it.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Now i am scared s***less ...i have absolutely no idea what the heck you said said in your last post...you must be a computer guy! I could not be farther from that !!!!! Adrenaline shot.

Do you seem to think that the latest shipment is already sold out ...of the gt2?

Keith

Keith,

I have no idea regarding the status of the GT2 that's why I suggested you call DiatoneUSA. You should be able to get the bird, install and bind the XSR, set-up the radio, install some props, charge your batteries and go fly the thing. However, these things are pretty complex and will require maintanence and tuning as you get further into it. No matter what race drone you get this will be the case. That being said, the GT2 is more expensive because it's a very powerful bird. You said you wanted a fast bird, the GT2 is just that. Again, with any bird, you will crash it. I didn't think I would but I have more times than I can count now. These birds also may require tuning to get it to fly the way you want it to, that's where Betaflight comes into play. It programs and tunes the flight controller. This will also be the case with any race drone. Lipo batteries aren't like triple A's and require attention to keep them healthy and safe.

If you opted out of the race drone and went with a Phantom, you'd get the same speech with different acronyms and different processes but the learning curve and attention required to fly well and maintain the bird would be very similar. Just visit the Phantom Pilots or DJI Phantom 4 site and you'll see what I'm talking about.

To put it bluntly, these things do not fly or maintain themselves and they do require a an investment of time and a commitment to learn. I'm retired so I can afford to make the investment.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
I am all about learning .... the learning curve for 70 mile an hour on road 1/8 scale GTP cars was very steep so i am capable...i do have that hobby shop locally that can help me should i need it. I have decided that i would rather go fast and try to control the bird than have a dji product that does it slower and without a lot of thinking(quickly)!!! I am far sited and do NEED reading glasses for things closer than 2 feet.
(For perfect focus). I have been on the web and every forum etc.is saying that for far sited people there isn't a problem with fpv goggles...only near sited people...any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Keith,

I've read about issues with goggles and eyesite problems but I had bad cataracts at 50 and had to have surgery on both eyes. My vision is far from perfect and I need 1.5x reading glasses for reading and 2.0x for working on the small parts of the drones. I have no issues with using my FS without glasses.

Jerry

(P.S. Flying Photography drones properly and safely also require a great deal of learning and maintenance. Example, over 6 miles, about 13 minutes real time, a year to complete.)

Reactions: Keifie
Jerry,
Well made film...
I am 52 and my eyes are the same as you only ...no cataracts.
I have excellent vision other than reading glasses. This is good news. I overstated the ease of flying a dji product ,that is clear, and i know that those birds are very advanced...(scary to)... i am greatful for all of your help and communication I appreciate it a lot!!

Keith

I have heard some guys on here say they couldn't see through some of the big goggles, but were able to see through FatSharks. You will just have to give it a try to know for sure.

Hi Green,
Thanks for your help as well !
I am going to go with the fat shark dominator 3...

Keith

No problem, Keith. We all need to help each other. Green and others here have helped me a lot for which I'm very thankful. I'm going to upload a video from yesterday's flights with the GT2. I'll let you know when it's done. In the mean time, here's one of my first line of sight (LOS) flights with a race drone. A little boring but you'll get the idea.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,
Is it possible to hover your gt200
And does it fly backwards .. or is it predispositions do to go forwards?

Thanks
Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas