Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Intro

Hi. Green & Jerry ,
The knowledge and interest in helping me has been amazing
I am very greatful to both of you...i am in Michigan...i have a hobby shop not far from me., they have both a flight field (huge) and a indoor arena for the winter months.. The hobby shop is called flight line hobbies...( only sell things that fly).
I think maybe that's a good thing...all the locations I previously mentioned a re within 9 miles of my home.

Thank you again very much
Keith

Keith,

Here are a few video's using the GT2. Remember, I haven't been at this very long either. The first one is me practicing in Acro mode after starting to get a little more comfortable:

This second one is from a trip to Texas last month. I'm still in Horizon mode and flew the GT2, my Phantom P3Pro and my original Arris X-Speed 250B:

I've progressed a bit since these and am in process of posting some more recent stuff but this should give you a good idea of what it was like starting out with the GT2.

Jerry

Wow!!!
Alright, as per usual... how did you record what you were seeing through the goggles? And was there full throttle at for any extended time during filming? You have the hang of it for sure...flirting with disaster is very appropriate...as a virgin i will be much worse than that....

Keith

Hi green and Jerry,
Is there a way to deal with far sightedness...as i need reading glasses for up close stuff and the goggles are certainly going to be up close???

Fatsharks usually have an adjustable diopter. For the Eachine ones, you would have to do some custom fitting. Maybe a Fresnel lens or fit some reading lenses in there.

Hi green,
Thanks for that... i am going with the eachine2 for goggles
My script is like 1.75 for reading which is very light script.

Thanks
Keith

Keith,

Here are a few video's using the GT2. Remember, I haven't been at this very long either. The first one is me practicing in Acro mode after starting to get a little more comfortable:

This second one is from a trip to Texas last month. I'm still in Horizon mode and flew the GT2, my Phantom P3Pro and my original Arris X-Speed 250B:

I've progressed a bit since these and am in process of posting some more recent stuff but this should give you a good idea of what it was like starting out with the GT2.

Jerry
Hi Jerry,how did you record that stuff with your gt2?

Hi Jerry,
That must make the flying characteristics very unstable ...no?

Thanks Keith

Jerry,
Oh really, that's very very cool...so your viewing the bird camera through the goggles and the session is recording your flight, correct
Keith

HI Green and Jerry,
I have ordered
Fry Taranis X9D
TURNIGY GRAPHENE 4S 65C
LIPO BALANCED CHARGER PLATE
ALARM TESTERS
8 PACKAGES OF GEM FAN MASTER SERIES PROPS
EACHINE GOGGLES 2
D4R RECEIVER 4 CHANNEL ACCST TELEMETRY AND 8 CHANNEL CPPM
AOMWAY 5.8 4 LEAF CLOVE ANTENNAS FOR TX RX
EACHINE PRODVR FPV RECORDER 1080P
Bird tomorrow
DID I FORGET ANYTHING?

You guys have been very helpful to me
Thank you
Keith

Keith,

Never got past half throttle. I dont have the hang of it yet but I'm progressing. All of my birds have recording cameras on them. Did you see "flirting with disaster" as well? I didn't think I posted that one in this thread. I just did another video from yesterday with one of my new builds. You can see it in this thread:

Added video - Flew 18 packs today!!!

Jerry

Keith,

I'm not sure I'd get the D4R. Depending on the bird, I'd probably go with SBUS and use the FrSky XSR.

Jerry

Hi Jerry ,
First i saw the flirting with disaster and i was moving out of the way in my seat and laughing out loud the whole time...very cool. I will hit everything in and out of view...
Next...what is. The part that you recommend in place of what...I don't understand the letters

Thank you
Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput