Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

interference

VirtueViolater

Reaction score
Hi all,
Noob here from Alabama gulf coast. Discovered quads a few months back and am sure this hobby, unlike most others I've had, is gonna be with me from now on. I have purchased several like the skyvipers, couple radio shack versions, sharper image and so on. (Had $140 in my first quad, bought at radio shack and it flew away after 1-2 mins of flight time, never to be seen again...lol) Amazing i stuck with it after that. 2 months back, I purchased a Hubsan h1o7d. Loved it and flew it alot going through a couple shells, motors etc. Eventually the ribbon cable for in poor shape after multiple repairs and I removed the camera and VTX. I ordered a 25mw boldclash camera/VTX and soldered it in the others place, then putting it all on a 95mm frame I got on ebay for $1. Wow, what a change! Flew it for a couple weeks (several crashes and repairs) and now am getting so much interference. It's perfect until you hit the throttle then it fuzzes up and blacks out until you throttle off. Ive changed the motors and the VTX antenna with no luck. I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm really missing flying it lol
-Danny

If there is a capacitor across the drone's battery terminal on the PDB, see if it has a broken leg or if it has any burnt spots in it. Sounds like you may have lost a filter capacitor somewhere. Check whatever circuit is powering the camera and VTX.

If there is a capacitor across the drone's battery terminal on the PDB, see if it has a broken leg or if it has any burnt spots in it. Sounds like you may have lost a filter capacitor somewhere. Check whatever circuit is powering the camera and VTX.

Thanks for your reply,
Unfortunately I couldn't find any obvious cold solders or bad caps. I ordered 2 more whoop cameras today, ill just have to fly line-of-sight till they come in
-Danny

If the camera uses a y cable from the battery, that will sort it. If it is powered by the PDB/FC it probably will solve it but it could be an issue with power supply to the camera/vtx.

You could have a bugged flight controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax