Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Insta360 GO 1st Flight

Here is a pic of the build. Really happy so far. Next I am adding Crossfire because I want more controller range.

iFlight DC3 Frame, Diatone 1408 4000kv motors, GemFan 3052 props, DJI Air Unit, iFlight Succex-D Mini F7 TwinG & 40A ESC Combo stack.

iFlightDC3.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the build. Really happy so far. Next I am adding Crossfire because I want more controller range.

iFlight DC3 Frame, Diatone 1408 motors, GemFan 3052 props, DJI Air Unit, iFlight Succex-D Minit F7 TwinG & 40A ESC Combo stack.

View attachment 4600
Nice setup, I’ve got one that I fitted with crossfire. Bit of a mission modding my older QX7S but well worth it in the end. I looked into the insta 360 setup, but they want stupid money for them in Australia.
Ive also been looking at the Explorer LR but given the production and QC issues with them, putting together a build list as we speak to have a go at knocking one up.

Nice setup, I’ve got one that I fitted with crossfire. Bit of a mission modding my older QX7S but well worth it in the end. I looked into the insta 360 setup, but they want stupid money for them in Australia.
Ive also been looking at the Explorer LR but given the production and QC issues with them, putting together a build list as we speak to have a go at knocking one up.

I would be curious to see where you mounted the crossfire antenna. My controller/receiver just arrived today :)

At the back, would rather have had a tpu mount but cable ties will do for now

That looks like a good solution. Is the antenna center wire also tied down to the frame somewhere? Just thinking about keeping stress off the nano board.

That looks like a good solution. Is the antenna center wire also tied down to the frame somewhere? Just thinking about keeping stress off the nano board.
Yeah, the antenna core is glued onto the receiver and also tied to the frame allowing for some slack in case of a big hit which is bound to happen.

, putting together a build list as we speak to have a go at knocking one up.

Have you a post on this, I'd be interested in seeing the build list as I'm considering the same myself.

Joshua Bardwell put up a new video about the Explorer LR and other alternatives that may be available sooner.

Here are the new ones coming...

iFlight Chimera 4

Geprc Crocodile Baby 4

I think the Caddx Vista is hard to get now so you may have to wait...

Joshua Bardwell put up a new video about the Explorer LR and other alternatives that may be available sooner.

Here are the new ones coming...

iFlight Chimera 4

Geprc Crocodile Baby 4

I think the Caddx Vista is hard to get now so you may have to wait...
I had a look at the 4” crocodile and can’t find stock in Australia and the more I’m reading about the explorer and OSD issues, the more I don’t want to be an early adopter. With the exception of the frame, all the other parts on my list are stocked locally so hopefully a day or so building my own version of a long range micro and a bottle of scotch will get the job done!

I had a look at the 4” crocodile and can’t find stock in Australia and the more I’m reading about the explorer and OSD issues, the more I don’t want to be an early adopter. With the exception of the frame, all the other parts on my list are stocked locally so hopefully a day or so building my own version of a long range micro and a bottle of scotch will get the job done!

Really cool that you are having a frame built and putting together your own build. Makes sense to me. Please post your progress!

Next big question. I just pulled all the Crossfire stuff out of the box and am looking at doing the connection. I was hoping to leave the DJI unit wiring alone , connect the CF on another UART, and then disable the DJI transmitter UART. But from the description below it looks like they want me to disconnect R1 and GND. My DJI Air Unit connects directly via the connecter so I don't really want to cut any wires. Any ideas?

1602108276792.png

Just remove the two pins from the JST and use insulation tape then connect nano to TX/RX1 pads

Reactions: tevek
Just remove the two pins from the JST and use insulation tape then connect nano to TX/RX1 pads

That makes sense and certainly easier to just remove the pins. I am curious however if I can leave RX & Ground connected and use a different UART so I can swap back and forth between transmitters in Betaflight.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232