Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Initial tests of the SQ11 Mini DV camera on a 3" quad...

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
These are the first tests I've been able to do with the SQ11 Mini DV camera.(https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072N74SQW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1) I installed it on the TGO-SE. Not an ideal day for testing. Extremely windy most of the day, 92 degrees with 100% humidity and then storms rolling through in the afternoon.

There are three different tests with some notes about each in the short clip. Not sure this camera is the answer for mini quads but I need to do more testing on a better day to make that determination. For $17 it's worth a shot. The flying is pretty poor because of the weather (not the pilot, of course!) but that wasn't the focus of these tests.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
I'm a sitter too!...lol
thanks for the vids, actually does'nt look so bad, with a good mount.... I'm also interested in its night vision ability paired with a runcam owl

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtrjr
Virtue,

I'd be surprised if it'll do much at night. It's really complicated getting the recordings going. There's a bunch of different button pushing that has to be done correctly for it to work properly. It gets really confusing. The size, weight and price is great but it's pretty lacking. It is better than a goggle recording.

Jerry

Reactions: VirtueViolater
Virtue,

I'd be surprised if it'll do much at night. It's really complicated getting the recordings going. There's a bunch of different button pushing that has to be done correctly for it to work properly. It gets really confusing. The size, weight and price is great but it's pretty lacking. It is better than a goggle recording.

Jerry
Do you have a runcam owl?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya