Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Incorrect signals with bad quality

Bstanton89

Reaction score
Ok, need some expert advice. A few weeks ago I finished my first build. Naturally every time I fly something breaks and I have to wait on parts to fix it. The last time I planted it a little hard on the ground and the vtx connection (plug in style) broke. I got a new connector and put everything back together. The video signal is very sketchy now. The vtx and the camera both have the correct voltage to them and the video yellow wire has a good connection. The video signal starts out shoddy at best when I power up and turn on goggles, and then gets worse, and auto search on goggles always locks on best to a channel that is not what the vtx is supposed to be putting out. Running a cheap 700tvl camera, tbs pro unify race hv vtx, and eachine ev800d goggles, using stock antennas on goggles and emax pagoda on vtx. This is getting frustrating trying to figure this out.

Did you confirm that you got the right kind of vtx connector? If you are using SMA, there are two types. Regular SMA and RP-SMA. They look almost identical but don't work together.
sma-rpsma.jpg

I believe that they are correct, not at quad now, but I will verify later, I believe they are matching, they looked like they meet up when I look at them visually. I can check the u.fl connection. The whole vtx is in a clear plastic sleeve, and it appears connected still. Is there a good possibility that the vtx went bad after one and a half battery packs? It worked the first time

No, I replaced the power supply wires and video wire. They plug in with a cheap plastic clip connection on the unify pro. Replaced the whole wire bundle instead of pulling the wires out of the connection, I know that those wires aren’t a problem tho, they have the correct voltage and a solid connection. Checked it with multimeter

So I have discovered that the vtx I’m using is rated for 2s-4s power. Right now it is powered by the 5 volt pad on my pdb. Is the under voltage causing the incorrect frequency issue? And would that damage it at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax