Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Immediate full power to motors

dcwilliams398

Reaction score
Okay.. I'm super perplexed... I have an emax f3 magnum mini tower with aokay 1106 7500kv (2-3s supposedly) motors. I'm using a 550mah 80c battery. When I hit arm the motors IMMEDIATELY go to maximum power and within a split second .. desync. Everything and I mean everything is HOT. The motors the vtx the tower. The battery is absolutely cold. I've looked at every solder joint. I cleaned the boards to ensure there isn't any residual solder. I have smoke stopper. I've checked for continuity. It all looks fine.. I'm at a loss.

Any feedback you can give would be awesome.

Okay.. I'm super perplexed... I have an emax f3 magnum mini tower with aokay 1106 7500kv (2-3s supposedly) motors. I'm using a 550mah 80c battery. When I hit arm the motors IMMEDIATELY go to maximum power and within a split second .. desync. Everything and I mean everything is HOT. The motors the vtx the tower. The battery is absolutely cold. I've looked at every solder joint. I cleaned the boards to ensure there isn't any residual solder. I have smoke stopper. I've checked for continuity. It all looks fine.. I'm at a loss.

Any feedback you can give would be awesome.
Given my limited experience, I’m the last person to ask but here we go. I had the motors spooling up to full throttle when sitting on the bench plugged into beta flight only to realize that that was a pid loop (?) issue due to having no props on the quad and the motors trying to compensate for the vibrations coming from the quad and each one racing ahead of the other trying to stabilize the quad. Have you checked in the config tab to see if your FC is orientated the right way and level?
Have you tried running up each motor in the motor tab in BF and see how they react? No props of course. I did have an issue with not mapping my controller properly on BF and the min mid and max settings were way off with my min sitting at 1200 and max the other side of 2000. I think dsync issues usually relate to the esc but since you’re running 4 in 1 maybe not.
Sorry I can’t be of more help, hopefully the brains trust comes along shortly.

Reactions: rtkDarling
This has happened to a number of my quads. Some things that have solved it for me in the past:

1. ESC protocol. That tower supports dshot600 as a default (most likely) so make sure you have that selected in the setup tab

2. Motor direction and motor order. Take the props off, hook up to betaflight, hook a battery up and go to the motors tab. When you spin up each motor separately make sure they're in the proper place according to the diagram in the upper left, and that they're all spinning in the proper direction.

3 FC orientation (as @tevek pointed out) When you open up betaflight you get a craft with an arrow that responds to rotation. Make sure when you tip your craft, the model responds correctly

These are some easy tests, let us know where you get.
You might also consider flashing the newest version of betaflight, sometimes that just clears things up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas