Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Im new here asking for help

Meyer

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new new here! So I bought an used emax buzz 4s and after acouple of days of fpv flying I crashed it pretty bad. So I broke the fpv camera, part of the frame, totally deformed the battery and the 4 in one esc and one motor. Since I'm new to fpv drones and I cant find the exact same parts I have a few questions for you guys who have more experience. 1. Did my esc burn because I didnt dearm the quad immediately after the crash? 2. I had a ccd camera on it can I plug a cmos camera on it since they are easier to find? 3. I had the f4 magnum II 35a 3-6s 4 in 1 esc o it, can I use this one? F4 magnum tower parts -bullet 30a 4 in 1? (does it matter in general which esc I use, if yes what should I look at?) 4. Can I somehow check if my flight controller is ok? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum @Meyer!
ESC's burn sometimes without even taking a hit, so it is impossible to say exactly what caused it. All these parts are pretty much interchangeable, so whatever ESC and other parts you get to fix this, it really comes down to getting them wired up correctly without damaging them (like from static shock) and not getting one that is bad out of the box (it happens sometimes). It also doesn't matter what camera type, again they are interchangeable as long as they will fit in the mounting. Plug the FC into Betaflight Configurator and make sure you can connect to it and that when you tilt the quad the picture of the quad tilts also, that is about all you can do and there are still no guarantees, but that says the FC is basically functioning. If you can solder half way decent, then you can fix this, but it will take time and money that may be better spent on something new since it may cost almost as much, require a ton of work, and there still won't be any guarantees. A hawk sport is $189, and you may spend that much to try and fix the old one. RDQ has a great selection of stuff for the buzz if you want to compare costs. Here is the link to the sport.

Reactions: Stoked4 and Wayno52
Welcome to the forum @Meyer!
ESC's burn sometimes without even taking a hit, so it is impossible to say exactly what caused it. All these parts are pretty much interchangeable, so whatever ESC and other parts you get to fix this, it really comes down to getting them wired up correctly without damaging them (like from static shock) and not getting one that is bad out of the box (it happens sometimes). It also doesn't matter what camera type, again they are interchangeable as long as they will fit in the mounting. Plug the FC into Betaflight Configurator and make sure you can connect to it and that when you tilt the quad the picture of the quad tilts also, that is about all you can do and there are still no guarantees, but that says the FC is basically functioning. If you can solder half way decent, then you can fix this, but it will take time and money that may be better spent on something new since it may cost almost as much, require a ton of work, and there still won't be any guarantees. A hawk sport is $189, and you may spend that much to try and fix the old one. RDQ has a great selection of stuff for the buzz if you want to compare costs. Here is the link to the sport.

Thank you very much for the help. I've soldered many times before and I really like the buzz so I'm going to fix it. Also I'm planing to build all my future quads myself, I got that bnf version only as an introduction to the electronics. So the next question is where shoul I buy the replacement parts? I'm living in europe, Finland, do you know any good and realiable fpv quad online shop in europe? I don't want to buy from banggood since I dont want to wait 1-2 months to get flying again, I was thinking ordering direktly from emax. What do you think?

Being in the US I am not sure what the best options are for you, the best bet may be to just google it and see what pops, any reputable business should show up. Sorry I can't be of more help on this question. Best of luck and let us know what you find. I will say that comparing to RaceDayQuads will give a good idea of the price point to compare with, they seem to have a lot of the pieces for the Emax quads.

Reactions: Wayno52 and Meyer
Thank you very much for the help. I've soldered many times before and I really like the buzz so I'm going to fix it. Also I'm planing to build all my future quads myself, I got that bnf version only as an introduction to the electronics. So the next question is where shoul I buy the replacement parts? I'm living in europe, Finland, do you know any good and realiable fpv quad online shop in europe? I don't want to buy from banggood since I dont want to wait 1-2 months to get flying again, I was thinking ordering direktly from emax. What do you think?
I also own a 5” buzz
Emax are very helpful with troubleshooting and questions
But anything that would help you that isn’t Emax they’ll not be able to comment because it’s not their brand
Once you figure out what you exactly need eBay sometimes is pretty good too

Reactions: Meyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas