Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

If your new..listen

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This is the best explanation of lipo battery care Ive seen yet. I follow this (though I run to 14.5v religiously). we put alot of unspoken expense into batteries. Ive got good batteries with over 400 flights on them. that's well at/ over a year of flying. (I don't rip like steel) ( ;

its good info overall

Do yall have any other suggestions?

Great explanation of the characteristics of the LiPo battery and tips on how to look after them. I run mine down to 14.5v but was not aware of the two day cycle he runs his batteries through. Too many years of smart batteries from DJI that do it for you I guess. I have a dedicated charging table in a cool part of the house and use imax brand or similar quality chargers that manage the charging cycles better than the crap RTF kit chargers supplied with some of my quads. As for the number of cycles from mine, maybe 80 or so from my collection of 4S batteries and they are doing fine. Close to 200 for my phantom batteries so maybe that’s going to be my target, I’ll never be in the same league as Mr Steele or others on this forum so it’s doable I reckon.

I found it refreshing to not find something new. he didn't talk much about 2s and 3s. I find it even more important to treat the smaller packs carefully. yes they are alot cheaper but if your parallel charging and you get a bad cell it doesn't always show up quickly. keep track of your charging times. if you start seeing your charger sitting at almost full bouncing between full and just under.. for longer than it should: check every cell on every battery individually until you find the weakest cell in the set of packs. mark it! fly it.. test after to see if one cell is significantly lower.

this charging latency can also happen if you don't give your parallel packs time to balance to each other. I go with 10+ min but I doubt it takes more than 5 min.

don't plug a battery into parallel charger that is more than .2 volts than any other.
the most ill do is .25 and I plug the higher voltage batteries in lowest to highest. I think this spead any sudden voltage surge across more and more packs. I charge 6 packs at a time though my charger maxes at 6a.
My batteries get tested with a volt meter constantly... live by your volt meter!

Reactions: Wayno52

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax