Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I really want to build my next drone but....

Serius

Reaction score
Hey guys....

What program do you guys prefer.,....Betaflight or cleanflight??

I'm just now starting to gather up everything I need to even think about building one.

Betaflight. It is basically the same but has a better PID algorithm. Also has better ESC protocol support if I remember right (oneshot42, multishot, etc)

Just from research:

CleanFlight is probably the easiest to use. But is no longer being up-dated for new stuff. Lots of support being an older platform

BetaFlight is the up-grade from clean flight. And still being developed for new products. Probably has the greatest support due to large number of users.

RaceFlight is "supposedly" the latest and greatest. But least amount of support being new.

EDIT: RaceFlight One is due to be released very soon. And is supposed to be even easier to use than all the rest.

From my "little" experience so far, the Windows side of the software pretty much all look the same.

Thanks guys, Much help

Im also confused on flight controllers.....can any FC be programmed with betaflight??

Im also confused on flight controllers.....can any FC be programmed with betaflight??

Double check me on these facts. :

CleanFlight only supports F1 and F2 Control Boards.

BetaFlight supports F1,2,3 &4 Boards

Raceflight only supports F3 and F4 boards.

So basically Betaflight is the one to go with.

Betaflight. It is basically the same but has a better PID algorithm. Also has better ESC protocol support if I remember right (oneshot42, multishot, etc)

Apparently they got Dshot now which supposedly blows oneshot & multishot out of the water as its digital vs analog and isn't effected by some analog issues. I guess it only supports some ESC's at the moment.

But I'm so new to all this, I'm really not ready to know all that **** yet. LOL But good to know

To me, yes. Nothing is easier in cleanflight, it is harder because of tuning. The GUI is the exact same, but the Betaflight stock PIDs work great on default with mini quads.

Betaflight it will be

Betaflight it will be

I'll let everyone know more about RaceFlight as I gain experience. My present "gut feeling" is that it will be just as good as any.

Reactions: Serius
This is the quad I want to build from the ground up for Indoor use to bind to my Flysky...
Amazon.com: HOBBYMATE Q100 Micro FPV Brushed RC Quadcopter Frame Kit Support 8520 Coreless Motor, Yellow Canopy: Toys & Games

Question...Do I need to find a FC that has integrated FLYsky receiver or can I use any FC and attach a micro Flysky receiver?? Was kind of wanting a FC with PDB and built in ESC's

It's a cool looking frame. But this is one of the issues that I have with buying cheep. - Little to know information- . If I were going to tackle a project like this for a first build (and actually build it with parts that I choose), first thing that I would do is try to figure out the specifications on the FC. I posted a link to the Hobbymate website below where it actually shows a build. But once again "no specifications". The frame appears to be specifically designed for the board that they are using (not generic). Also the FPV gear appears to be specifically designed for the frame.

I'm not saying that it isn't possible to take a proprietary design and modify it to make it your own. But your complicating the build process in doing so. And you probably will not find much support along the way. My suggestion (for first build) is to find a frame that is designed to use generic parts "Off The Shelf". But hey I don't follow advice either. Check out the build and start planning.

PS: The FC designed for this quad has multiple receiver selections.
Hope this helps.

https://www.hobbymatehobby.com/product/micro-fpv-rc-quadcopter-q100combo/

I'll be honest tho.....I really like this design and I'm pretty sure I can make it work. after all what is a tinywhoop? Just things stuffed in and taped, glued, or zip tied...right??

I'm an engineer so I think I can make it work. I just need some more knowledge in the electronics

I'll be honest tho.....I really like this design and I'm pretty sure I can make it work. after all what is a tinywhoop? Just things stuffed in and taped, glued, or zip tied...right??

I'm an engineer so I think I can make it work. I just need some more knowledge in the electronics

Got ya. In that case. I would go ahead and purchase the frame. And then do a Mockup build to get measurements of what will and will not fit between the rails. Unless you use the FC that this frame is built around, you will definitely need to improvise on a mount. The build video shows an "all-in-one" board config. So that would probably be your best bet. The video also suggests that there is enough room for an external receiver. But you will have to verify through actual measurements using an aftermarket board. Only real problem I see is the camera. I didn't look far enough through the video to see how it is mounted. You may have to use the proprietary camera. Or plan on modifying the mount. Modifications will only be determined using an actual frame. Just my $0.02

PS: The difference between the Tiny Whoop and what your doing? - The TW has been around and had lots of "known" mods already proven. Just Saying.

Yeah, I really like and wont mind "modifying"....but yeah, I was looking for a FC that has the FLYsky receiver built in or not. They make a real tiny Flysky receiver for my Flysky i6(probably have to use that.

Im at work so I cant watch that video....I need to watch that video

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax