Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I ordered some goodies

pixelPilot

Reaction score
Hi all, I ordered some more gear to get me closer to my first flight.

I bough these batteries, six of them.

http://next-fpv.theshoppad.com/#/

Hopefully they are OK. What do you think? They were $50 Australian. I looked at some turnigy graphine batts for same price but they were a lower capacity and still weighed over 100 grams more...

I also ordered the Furious true d set and ezuhf set. Some antennas and cheap battery charger for now. All I now need is the fatshark hd3 to be restocked and I'm good to go.

I can't wait to get the gear and eventually take flight for the first time.
Cheers

Pixel,

Looks good! Hey, you may want to take a good look at the reviews for the HD3's. I looked a while back thinking I might want to upgrade from my V3's and decided not to do so. If I remember correctly the reviews on the new HD3's weren't very good. I could be wrong and it was a while ago but it might be worth a look.

Jerry

Hi Jtrjr,

I will do. Was the concern relating to some blurry edges? I heard they have a new batch that has fixed the issue.

I was wondering if I should have went for 1300 amh. They are 50 grams lighter but surely must have a much reduced flight time. I still have may have time to swap them. Dunno

Are you happy with your fatsharks Jerry? I hear they are the best option for fpv

Pixel,

Yeah, I'm still using 1300 3's on one of my birds. They work fine for me. Maybe because this is new to me but I need a battery change break anyway. I get pretty amped up when I'm flying, being forced to come down for a few minutes isn't necessarily a bad thing for me. I've got 5 batteries, so no big deal. I may feel differently when I'm a professional FPV'er!

I don't remember that there was a specific reason on the HD3's, I think it was several things but I can't remember specifics. I just remember deciding to stick with my V3's. I like them just fine. I have a feeling goggle technology is going to be changing very rapidly over the next year or so.

Jerry

What batteries did you get? That link had a bunch on there. I am about to buy some tattu R-Line 4S 1300mAH 95C for $33us each that are 125g.

Edit: Seems amazon has two weights listed, the 125g must be wrong, I guess they are 176g. Hmm, now I may get the 1550mAH version I don't know yet, have to research again.

Last edited:
What batteries did you get? That link had a bunch on there. I am about to buy some tattu R-Line 4S 1300mAH 95C for $33us each that are 125g.

Edit: Seems amazon has two weights listed, the 125g must be wrong, I guess they are 176g. Hmm, now I may get the 1550mAH version I don't know yet, have to research again.
I got the tattu 1800mAh 4S 75c 150c. They weigh 202 grams..some of the other ones were sold out. They are 92mm 32x29mm. I'm hoping they will be okay for an alien 250 quad...and the extra weight doesn't negate the extra capacity...

IMO those are a bit big and heavy for the 5", but I have never tried it. I have a 5" alien using some cheap 4S 1550mAH 35C and will be switching to 4S 1300mAH 75C. Both old and new are about 150g. Like Jerry, I am ready for a break when the battery is done. I dont need more flight time so I will save the weight.

On my micro drone I tried to use an 800mAH 15g battery in place of the 10g 380mAH stock ones, and it made a huge difference... in a bad way. I won't be flying those 15g ones very often, it handles like a brick.

IMO those are a bit big and heavy for the 5", but I have never tried it. I have a 5" alien using some cheap 4S 1550mAH 35C and will be switching to 4S 1300mAH 75C. Both old and new are about 150g. Like Jerry, I am ready for a break when the battery is done. I dont need more flight time so I will save the weight.

On my micro drone I tried to use an 800mAH 15g battery in place of the 10g 380mAH stock ones, and it made a huge difference... in a bad way. I won't be flying those 15g ones very often, it handles like a brick.

I didn't factor in the fatigue, I was just thinking more time in the air is better, I think I will swap them for 1300mah batts. Cheers

I think that's a good idea. Also I might mention, it would take me a good 15 minutes to drain a battery at first with all the crashing and not doing much throttle.

I think that's a good idea. Also I might mention, it would take me a good 15 minutes to drain a battery at first with all the crashing and not doing much throttle.

15 mins is great. Its going to be a steep learning curve...I'm looking forward to it. What are some good spares and tools to have to keep one in the air longer.
I asked the seller if I could swap the batts out with tattu R line 1300mAh 95C 4S1P. I'm not sure if the 1P is an issue. I believe it stands for 1parallel. Dunno...

I think that just means you plug it in with a single XT60.

For spares, mostly you just need plenty of props. Maybe some SMA or RP-SMA connectors in case you break an antenna port. Some extra screws and nuts might come in handy.

For tools: Allen wrenches (all sizes on your drone, probably 2mm and 2.5mm), a prop wrench (8mm), a small flathead screwdriver for poking around, maybe a butane soldering iron, desoldering wick, some needlenose and cutting pliers. Might not need all that but it doesn't hurt.

That's all I can think of right now.

Reactions: pixelPilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax