Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I need a little advice from you folks.

TheDhuddist

Reaction score
Obviously, I'm a newbie. :) I've looked and I've seen multiple similar posts and I know how people hate it when you post something that's kinda like something that was posted before, but I just was hoping to get some specific advice about this item.
I'm wondering if this would be an OK kit for a first-time builder who's only experience with FPV racers is Tiny Whoops. I just want something that's not going to be a ton of money because I know it'll most likely end up broken down a lot until I get the hang of it (at which point, I'd go get a new, better, bird).
How about this?
I'm sure it's not great stuff, but I really want to build my first "big" racer.
Any thoughts? Or better suggestions? I'm sure I should have searched more, but man, I'm at work and I'm tired tonight... :)

Dh,

Unfortunately, people are not going to open a blind link. Too many viruses and traps these days. Perhaps you can post a link that's easily identifiable or just cut and paste the specs and info on the equipment you're looking at.

Jerry

Well it won't let me post the regular link because it says it's spam, so I guess I'm outta luck. I'll ask elsewhere. It's just to a kit on Amazon. I'll dump the link above as well and move on somewhere else.
Thanks for the heads up.

Dh,

I went ahead and opened the link on a different system. No, I would not buy that kit. Personally, I don't like the components. If you'd like me to help you put together your own kit, I'll try to help. I've built about 6-7 birds now, some great, some not as great but still good birds. You can also search for my threads as most of my builds (with component info) are already posted on this site.

Here's a list of key components that I've found to work very well together (You can shop around for better prices. This also assumes a FrSky Radio):

Betaflight F3 All in One Flight controller:
Ready to Ship BetaflightF3 Flight Controller

Aikon 30A ESC's
Aikon SEFM 30A ESC with BLHeli_S Program Dshot

EMax RS2205-S 2300KV motors
Amazon.com: Crazepony 4pcs EMAX RS2205-S 2300KV Brushless Motor for X210 QAV250 QAV300 FPV Racing Quadcopter: Toys & Games

IRC Tramp HV VTX
ImmersionRC Tramp HV 5.8GHz Video Tx

Foxeer HS1177 FPV Camera
Amazon.com: Foxeer XAT600M mini FPV Camera 600TVL NTSC Sony CCD 2.8mm Lens OSD DC 5-17V with IR Blocked Filter plastic case HS1177 for FPV Racing Drone like QAV250: Toys & Games

FrSky XSR Receiver
Amazon.com: FrSky XSR 2.4GHz 16CH ACCST Receiver S-Bus CPPM Output Support X9D X9E X9DP X12S: Toys & Games

XT60 Connector
Amazon.com: LHI 2PCS WRA0053 XT60 Male W/14awg Silicon Wire 10cm: Toys & Games

Those components will create a very good bird with OSD (On Screen Display). Some components can be substituted like the Tramp HV. There are many cheaper alternatives to the Tramp that will work well, I've just chosen it as my go-to VTX as I'm trying to keep my birds consistent for inventory and replacement parts reasons. All you need to do is pick one of a zillion frames out there. These components should work very well with 200mm to 250mm frames.

Jerry

Reactions: TheDhuddist
Dh,

I think I've actually become a better builder than pilot but I'm getting a bit better at that as well. You can find many of my amateur videos spattered throughout this site. You can at least tell how these components perform together from those many videos.

Jerry

I have a question, the Betaflight F3 All in One Flight controller: What is the battery input limit, can it take 4 cell?

Read the one review it has, I would take his advice.

This is an absolutely excellent list and should be posted on its own, follow this and you will have one ada$$ quad. I think I might build that myself

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax