Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I don't get it!

Roadking

Reaction score
Website
aerialdroneservice.myportfolio.com
I took out my Tinyhawk and it was flying all over the place. I clearly didn't know what I was doing, so for the last 10 days i've been using Velocidrone to practice and get better. I was terrible at first, but now i can fly pretty good. I can fly along a path and through hoops and windows.

So today, I took out the TinyHawk again, thinking I should be able to fly it better, but it was still all over the place like before. It was hard to control, crashing into everything.

I'll keep trying, but not sure why I can't control it even close to how I can on the simulator.

Reactions: Wayno52
Unfortunately mate, starting out is the most frustrating thing. It all comes with lots of real stick time with your bird.
I know a lot of guys really like Sims but I was never a real fan.
Don't give up though, one day it will all just click. Best way is to fly every day if you can or at least as close to it.
If I don't fly for a couple of weeks it takes a few packs to get back into it.
Stick time is everything.

As @Wayno52 stated, practice is everything. I’ve crashed, burned and destroyed pretty much everything from planes, gliders, helos and now quads. You get better and your confidence rises with experience. Start with simple stuff and progress from there, it’s worth the grief at times.

Reactions: Wayno52
The old sim and reality difference .. Think your crashing much now .. Lol .. Give it time man .. More repairing then flight times most times .. But I love it

For me it was the goggles. The sim just doesn't cover the feeling of flying through a keyhole, and that took some getting used to. You might take a look at your rates, compare what you've got on the sim to the rates on the TH.

When I first started I couldn't get the sim working because of a bad USB port on my controller, and it's the dead of winer in Northern Vermont so I can't fly outside. This sounds childish (it certainly felt a little childish) but I plugged a battery into my quad, put the goggles on, and used the quad just in my hands to navigate my apartment. I quickly realized (as you already know) that movement is the key to perspective; without movement it's really hard to judge distance through a monocular.

Reactions: irish-apple
What are you using for goggles? Looks like your getting some picture cut off (I can see way more prop duct when I fly my tinyhawk)

There's an NTSC / PAL switch in your OSD, you might have your quad and goggles set to different standards.
I'd also recommend an average cell voltage display on your OSD. It can help you go easier on your batteries if you want them to last a little longer.

Felt good
YES!!

The goggles are the Eachine EV800D. I'll try to figure out if I have a miss-match. I assume everything should be on NTSC, correct?
Where do I go to put the battery volts on the display? Is that in Beteflight?
I also need to learn how to set a failsafe, and maybe a beeper switch.

That's in the OSD tab in betaflight. You'll see checkboxes for the different features, and you can click and drag them where you want. You can select NTSC/PAL in that tab as well.

Here's the beeper. You can skip the beginning setup of the ESC and just set it up in betaflght. It does beep when it powers up correct? I can't remember, and I gave mine away

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax