Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I can't wait.

Wayno52

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, this is going to be insane.
A 3" toothpick joint venture with Diatone and kebab that weighs 55 grams. I have seen the prototype video of the 2s but this will be epic.

[AU$189.10]Diatone GTB339 3inch 120mm 3S KababFPV Joint Design PNP FPV Racing RC Drone RC Drones from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

were all entitled to our opinion right !!!!

these toothpick I don't get them .. they go like crazy and explode on impact there no give in them and there to small to be that powerful .. granted they fly great and nice n tidy be cool a few of them racing .. but for the size I think there too fast .. just my view and what do I know ..

@irish-apple You know you're right on one level; they're pretty delicate. The way I see it, any machine that's pushing its strength to weight ratio is going to be only as strong as it needs to be. That's one of the technical aspects that defines the genre.

The goal is to build something that's as small as technically possible, while retaining the ability to fly like a full size five inch. It's not for beginners, and it's not built for crashing. If you look closely at the guys that are really into them, they're more focused on engineering and building than roasting endless packs every day. They're just coming out with the micro stacks that can handle the amperage for these builds. The single boards like the Newbeedrone AIO kept burning up, so they haven't been suitable for racing.

I haven't built one yet for this same reason; I crash too much.
Still, I'm tempted, maybe I'll get one someday :)

Last edited:
What I like about this particular class of FPV quad is they're pushing the tech, smaller, lighter, more powerful... Power to weight ratios that are getting close to that of a true race quad. All these "motorhead" numbers, and they're cheap! I like that it's not an arms race that's won by the man with the deepest pockets like so many other "Smaller, lighter, more powerful" pursuits . Quadcopter tech is moving forward despite a fairly small worldwide market overall, and I think this micro movement is poised to expand that market.

If micro FPV quads can be powerful enough to be thrilling, light enough to be harmless, and cheap enough to be replaceable, they have a great chance of becoming a gateway drug into the greater hobby. I think that era has arguably arrived with the tinyhawk, and these toothpicks are a great step up from there if you just don't have the space and funds for a full size rig

What I like about this particular class of FPV quad is they're pushing the tech, smaller, lighter, more powerful... Power to weight ratios that are getting close to that of a true race quad. All these "motorhead" numbers, and they're cheap! I like that it's not an arms race that's won by the man with the deepest pockets like so many other "Smaller, lighter, more powerful" pursuits . Quadcopter tech is moving forward despite a fairly small worldwide market overall, and I think this micro movement is poised to expand that market.

If micro FPV quads can be powerful enough to be thrilling, light enough to be harmless, and cheap enough to be replaceable, they have a great chance of becoming a gateway drug into the greater hobby. I think that era has arguably arrived with the tinyhawk, and these toothpicks are a great step up from there if you just don't have the space and funds for a full size rig
Couldn’t agree with you more. The rapid development of fpv quads does come at a price for the average punter at times with new models rushed out to meet a supposed demand that simply fail to deliver. I’m looking at you HappyModel with the rat sack board failures with the Mobula 7 HD and of course my perennial favorite: Eachine Trashcan. I remember DJI going through similar growing pains with their WiFi P3 4K and some of their earlier stuff which were simply over priced flying junk (assuming that you could actually get them airborne).
Don’t get me wrong, there are some fabulous pieces of kit out there these days and I have a few in my collection that work as advertised. I spoke with a local supplier regarding a toothpick he had in stock and he suggested not buying it as it was overpriced and under specced. I am seriously looking at the emax baby hawk r as that is where my flying interest is at the moment. Don’t mind spending time in the garage fixing things that are a result of my less than stellar ability but over the ‘tired of flying now and I will die’ events of late. Anyway this is me waiting again in between weather and work commitments....099F3C25-7246-47BA-9ACB-82EA7CDE2EE8.jpeg

My thoughts are that a toothpick style bird is to serve a very particular fpv pilot.
Granted they will not stand up to the punishment a 5" will day in and day out.
But like rtk said , a bnf racing drone that really is fast and agile. What $200.
Phfft. I'm going in hard and fast.
I started with Diatone and I will finish with Diatone.
I'm no racer, nor a great freestyle pilot but I know what I like to fly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya