Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I can't bind my Taranis QX7 to my Emax Hawk

Reddley

Reaction score
Problem solved thanks to HighTechPauper. The receiver was not a XM+ and needed to be so I replaced it and problem solved

I've been trying to connect my QX7 to my Emax Hawk but every time I set the (XM+, I think) receiver into bind mode it stays stuck green and the remote in d16 or access mode stays stuck beeping while trying to bind but no luck.
The remote does not have a D8 mode like the description said and I've been searching trough countless forums and videos on how to bind the two.
Information: The drone is the Emax Hawk Pro 4S BNF and requires D8, The remote Is the Taranis QX7 and only has Access and ACCST D16.

Last edited:
If it is an XM or XM+ it is a D16 capable receiver, if the RX has a solid green LED when the radio is on then it sounds like it is bound. You can test that by turning off the TX and see if the green goes red.

If it is an XM or XM+ it is a D16 capable receiver, if the RX has a solid green LED when the radio is on then it sounds like it is bound. You can test that by turning off the TX and see if the green goes red.
I tried and the light stayed green on the receiver with the remote shut off during bind process. I figure I'm doing it wrong because everywhere i look online and the remote I have is different for some reason, it's software for example has only 7 not 9 pages in the menu, it has slightly different hardware where the battery plug is upwards and not sideways.

Normally when a TX and RX won't bind but they are compatible, it is because the TX's internal XJT module and the RX are not on compatible versions of firmware. There is no way to know what is on them, the only thing you can do is to flash both with a compatible revision and try again.

Rain all day here tomorrow, if you want PM me and we can try to get together and have a look.

Rain all day here tomorrow, if you want PM me and we can try to get together and have a look.
We could do that. How may I go about flashing the controller? Cause I found a video saying something about that I have not watched yet. The controller is the QX7/X7S ACCESS version by the way.

Hi,
I think have the same problem. I bought the mobula 7 with the Frsky EU-LBT (External XM+ receiver) and the FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 international version, and when I try to bind them it happens the same like you.

Please let me know if you find the solution to your problem it may help me.

I will be watching this post and keep on with my research.

Thanks

mobula7-receiver-xm.JPGtaranis-q-x7-accst-conf-binding.JPGbetaflight-ports.pngbetaflight-config.pngmobula7-binding-info.JPG

Last edited:
Hi,
I think have the same problem. I bought the mobula 7 with the Frsky EU-LBT (External XM+ receiver) and the FrSky ACCST Taranis Q X7 international version, and when I try to bind them it happens the same like you.

Please let me know if you find the solution to your problem it may help me.

I will be watching this post and keep on with my research.

Thanks

HighTechPauper Helped me on PM and we found that it is the receiver on mine exept for mine doesn't appear to be the XM+ and is only compatible with D8 and the remote does Access and Accst D16 i believe so I've ordered a new (XM+) receiver to put in the drone​

Reactions: thedroneracingpilot

HighTechPauper Helped me on PM and we found that it is the receiver on mine exept for mine doesn't appear to be the XM+ and is only compatible with D8 and the remote does Access and Accst D16 i believe so I've ordered a new (XM+) receiver to put in the drone​

I have found this other post that seems to be the exact same problem like mine, hopefully I will find the solution there.

Thank you very much!

Reactions: Reddley
Problem solved thanks to HighTechPauper. The receiver was not a XM+ and needed to be so I replaced it and problem solved

I've been trying to connect my QX7 to my Emax Hawk but every time I set the (XM+, I think) receiver into bind mode it stays stuck green and the remote in d16 or access mode stays stuck beeping while trying to bind but no luck.
The remote does not have a D8 mode like the description said and I've been searching trough countless forums and videos on how to bind the two.
Information: The drone is the Emax Hawk Pro 4S BNF and requires D8, The remote Is the Taranis QX7 and only has Access and ACCST D16.
How do I know if my receiver is xm+ or not? I have tried binding my qx7 to my tiny hawk for a while and i can’t get it to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax