Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I am noob. I have X200 Wizard that needs to be tamed for my sake. HELP!! Need a Wizard whisperer!

Noobnoobnoob

Reaction score
As far as my noobness can tell, the X220 is doing everything right, however I am noob and controlling this little beast is a bit much for me. I have NOT done any Betaflight tuning or even connected it to the computer out of curiosity, but I really need to tame the beast so I can learn how to fly. I have a DJI equipped HGLRC sector 132 that I have been able to get off the ground and do stupid circles for a pack's worth, so I am making progress, but the sector 132 is already a bit tamer than the X220 which seems to be just like the big husky town idiot that doesn't think before he breaks something and I I need to tame it. First flight cost me 3 props and the VTX antena jad it's cover peeled off LOL I think it;s still working but have to cover it with some shrink wrap or something. So basically can anyone help me out on how to tame the beast in Betaflight?sort of like putting training wheels on it or is it not possible todo? All I read and see on YT is all about increasing performance, I'm am absolutely not ready for that.

This is aimed at whoops but can be applied to any quad.
I am far from an expert but think if you reduce your "rates" a bit, that would make it a little more manageable.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Thank you for responding Brett or ... Brandon or of course Brettbrandon thank you both :) for sharing this video, I am a fan of Joshua Bardwell, but no matter how od how much I looked I could't find a video that hit on my current need, fuy enoughI also own a Mobula 7 that unfortunately I might have messed up the power module or something like that, but I'll deal with that later, I also have a hard time flying the Mobula so this video will be a multi helper for me.I am taking flying an fpv drone well as a challenge maybe even a way to keep my aging brain active creating new pathways to creativity and skill, but I'm not one to hit my head against a wall again and again, will not get in a top fuel dragster until I can ride a tricycle hehehehe.

Thank you again.

Thank you for responding Brett or ... Brandon or of course Brettbrandon thank you both :) for sharing this video, I am a fan of Joshua Bardwell, but no matter how od how much I looked I could't find a video that hit on my current need, fuy enoughI also own a Mobula 7 that unfortunately I might have messed up the power module or something like that, but I'll deal with that later, I also have a hard time flying the Mobula so this video will be a multi helper for me.I am taking flying an fpv drone well as a challenge maybe even a way to keep my aging brain active creating new pathways to creativity and skill, but I'm not one to hit my head against a wall again and again, will not get in a top fuel dragster until I can ride a tricycle hehehehe.

Thank you again.
You are welcome.

This is the video I used to put the throttle reduction on one of the variable pots on my transmitter to be able to adjust the throttle reduction amount on the fly and not have to hook it to a computer to make the adjustment.

That is a very cool trick, make it variable so you can trim at will, I guess with the mobula once I have better control I can trim it to fly in the apartment an then let it loose outdoors

That is a very cool trick, make it variable so you can trim at will, I guess with the mobula once I have better control I can trim it to fly in the apartment an then let it loose outdoors
Have you checked out any of the simulators?

Reactions: graywoulf
I have been playing with DRL but to be very frank I do not find it very useful, physics don't feel very real to me, I can fly it easily at times, others its just doesn't feel like I am flying a kwad. I just got Velocydrone and in fact might have the time (finally) to ry it out tonight, looking forward to crashing without consequence LOL

Last edited:
I find Velocidrone to feel the closest for me and they recently released a "Whoop" addon that is alot of fun. I have been experimenting with flying a whoop in the larger maps as well as the maps made for the whoop models...

I'm about to try it but I have to hit the sack soon , I have it when work gets in the way of my fun

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax