Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I am in love with this hobby!

Jtrjr

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
As many of you know, I've only been flying (and replacing, fixing, upgrading, etc.) FPV quads for a few months now and it has been nothing short of exhilerating!

Unfortunately, I got started in this endeavor at the beginning of the South Dakota winter so getting good days for flying have been tough. Fortunately, my wife and I got to spend **** near a month in Texas and I got a few good days of practice in while we were away.

Although, I have along way to go to be able to fly like Raymon, I feel I'm making good progress. I'm starting to go a bit faster and I'm taking a little more risk. I've even been trying to manuever in and around trees now. I can't wait for the weather to change but I'm taking any opportunity to fly that presents itself.

I braved the cold a few days ago and had another few hours of just plain fun! Thanks to all of you guys that have helped me along the way!

Jerry

(A few crashes and branch smacks included!)

I enjoyed your video. I've only done two FPV flights and the disorientation forces me to land fairly quick. I will get better. Never done RC at all. Im trying to get the LIFTOFF simulator but my Flysky transmitters wont connect to my PC so Im going to get the Spectrum DX6i. My local shop says they can help get me up and running. Untill then I just get my bird in the air for as long as I can.

Reactions: Jtrjr
What operating system on your computer?
I just bought a flight simulator cable for my flysky I6 and it works great.

Jerry I'm right there with you on the addiction of this hobby so far (I have only had maybe 13 packs) that I have flown so far...and am getting better and still om LOS right now, I ordered some goggles and will try out FPV soon.
and ordered 4 more batts. so will give me a total of 8 packs.
Happy flying
Mark.

Reactions: Jtrjr and Serius
What operating system on your computer?
I just bought a flight simulator cable for my flysky I6 and it works great.

Windows 7(I may have purchased the "data" cable vs the simulator cable)

Serius,

As you can tell, I'm no expert either! I find that getting a good look around me and picking out a few landmarks helps me with the googles quite a bit. I also pay attention to how far out I'm willing to go, as soon as I start getting static I know that's the limit. On the video, where I went high in the front yard and backed into the tree, I lost FPV feed for a few milliseconds and that really got me disoriented. I didn't think I was going to recover but got lucky. My biggest issue with the goggles is landing. I just keep practicing!

Jerry

Reactions: Serius
Mark,

I'm with you. The batteries are killing me! I've now got 16-3s, 16-1s and I've got 8-2s on the way. I want to get a bit better before I move on to the 4s. I think you're going to like flying FPV, I much prefer it over LOS. Takes a bit of time to get used to but well worth it in my opinion.

Jerry

Reactions: Serius
Serious yes you have the wrong cable!
I did the same thing haha.
I'll get the info on the one I bought and let you know, Vs you buying a new radio!

Thanks Jerry!
I'm hoping I can pick it up fairly easy, only time will tell

Serious yes you have the wrong cable!
I did the same thing haha.
I'll get the info on the one I bought and let you know, Vs you buying a new radio!

Ohhh, ok. I got the other cable on the way it should be here here in a few days. Thanks.

I wanted a new TX anyway, so I will still get that down the road. Goodness I hope this other cable works, I really need crash proof practice.. please get me that info just in case brother & I thank you

That look just like the one I ordered so let's hope it works. Just plug it in and PC sees the Transmitter??

It should come with software, or at least mine did!
install the drivers for it and run.
Then pull up your simulator and (turn on transmitter) and configure your transmitter to the sim. and enjoy!

Mark

It should come with software, or at least mine did!
install the drivers for it and run.
Then pull up your simulator and (turn on transmitter) and configure your transmitter to the sim. and enjoy!

Mark

Aweome. Thanks... I'll keep you posted. I get the cable and software on Friday.

I enjoyed your video. I've only done two FPV flights and the disorientation forces me to land fairly quick. I will get better. Never done RC at all. Im trying to get the LIFTOFF simulator but my Flysky transmitters wont connect to my PC so Im going to get the Spectrum DX6i. My local shop says they can help get me up and running. Untill then I just get my bird in the air for as long as I can.

As much as I like Spektrum radio's, I would highly recommend that you NOT get a DX6i for flying quads. The only problem with the 6i (and quads) is: no 3 position switches. 3 Pole switches are needed for different flight modes. The 6i can be programed to navigate different flight modes. But the programming and the switch sequencing is not conventional. If you like Spektrum, and you only want a 6 channel radio, then the least that I personally would recommend would be the DX6 G2.

Also, Spektrum radio's aren't very friendly with quad sims. They can be made to work. But here is what ou have to do.

That is some great info to ponder. I read somewhere that the DX6 was basically going to be obsolete soon??

That is some great info to ponder. I read somewhere that the DX6 was basically going to be obsolete soon??

The 6i already is on the "discontinued" list. The "G2" family of radios are fairly new and designed with programing specifically for the quad enthusiast. Unless they are about to release something even newer, I would suspect that the G2's are here for a while.

Make sure you ask for the (DX6 G2). You may be correct about the DX6.

I searched for the DX6 G2 on Ebay and google. Cant find it. But was seeing that the DX6 and DX6i were looking to be discontinued. This sucks. you kinda ruined my day LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput